Day Nine

"Please?"

"No."

"I promise it will be fun!" Brendon half whined, straddling himself over Ryan.

"No," Ryan repeated for the umpteenth time, face buried in the pillow. Brendon sighed with frustration and got off the bed, sulking from the bedroom and leaving Ryan peacefully alone to get more sleep. He wasn't necessarily tired, he just loved being able to enter a world without restrictions and limitations that weigh him down when awake. Brendon had been bothering him for roughly fifteen minutes now, trying to get Ryan to accompany him to work.

Ryan liked the idea of sleep better.

Barely five minutes later though, right as Ryan began to slip away to his dreams, he was completely awoken by a sharp blow to his back by hard bone, hissing into the pillow. The bed bounced for a few seconds while Ryan groaned and rolled onto his side, pain shooting through him. "Get your ass up and dressed," Spencer said, lying beside his friend after having jumped on him. "We have a long and busy day ahead of us."

"Fuck you." Ryan frowned, eyes still shut. "I told Brendon 'no', I'll tell you the same thing."

"You know me better than that." Spencer rolled his eyes and sat up. "Just because Brendon pussied out and gave up doesn't mean your bitchy attitude is making me go away that easily."

"Hey!" came a voice from the door, Ryan assuming it was Brendon. "If he doesn't want to go, he doesn't-"

"Shut up, Urie." Spencer cut him off. "You have five seconds to get up, Ryan."

"'m not goin'," Ryan said, moving onto his back with his hands beneath him. His skin was tender and warm where he had been assaulted; no doubt red too.

"You don't have a choice." Spencer smacked Ryan's leg a few times. "We have a bet, remember? You had a good time with Brendon, you do all the fun things that I drag you into doing. And your boyfriend promised to show us around."

"I didn't have a good time at that party." Ryan opened his eyes and freed one hand to swat at his best friend. "So there is no deal. Now go away," he muttered, letting his eyes fall shut again. Something in his brain wasn't really awake yet because for some reason, he actually thought Spencer would listen and disappear.

But that's never the case. Spencer doesn't give up until he gets his way or gets pissed off enough. Since he was used to Ryan's irritable attitude, he wasn't stopping until he had his way. And Ryan knew better than to actually believe he would; to let his guard down. When your friend is practically blood related, they don't stop at anything.

"Spencer; come on, just leave him alone," Brendon said. "It doesn't matter if he comes or not. It's his vacation; he can do whatever makes him happy." Ryan should have been thankful to Brendon's words, but they kind of annoyed him. Deep down, he liked that Spencer never gave up. He liked feeling like he was being fought for and challenged.

Brendon was giving up too easily.

"Are you getting up on your own or am I assisting you?" Spencer ignored the Hawaiian. Ryan merely whined softly in the back of his throat. "My way it is then." Ryan really didn't have time to register what happened next. Spencer climbed over him and pulled the blanket from him, grabbing Ryan's free wrist and yanking him up in one swift motion. Before Ryan could even open his eyes, he was over Spencer's shoulder, being carried to the bathroom.

"Spencer Smith, put me down!" Ryan demanded, hitting his friend with the arm that wasn't pinned between their bodies. It wasn't the first time he's been carried, and Spencer was smart enough to make sure Ryan couldn't bite him.