Day Eight

Ryan decided the next morning that he really liked the hammock because one, it was comfortable, two, it allowed him to be extremely close to Brendon, and three, it actually kept Brendon there for Ryan to wake up to; something he's wanted for a few days. Granted, Brendon was already awake when Ryan regained full consciousness, but it was still as nice as Ryan imagined. Though when he did wake up, he didn't give any sign of no longer being asleep, because he was the topic of conversation between Mia and Brendon; every word soft and quiet.

"Why can't we wake him up?" Mia asked with a small whine of frustration.

"Because he's sleeping, Mia, and you don't wake people up unless you really have to." Brendon spoke calmly, fingers ghosting through Ryan's hair. "You have plenty of things to do for a little while."

"What about breakfast? Ryan's gonna be asleep all day!" she stressed, a small slap of her foot against the deck momentarily ringing out.

"There's still plenty of time for breakfast, Amelia," Brendon said just as lightly, not affected by the mini-tantrum. "Now why don't you go play with your dolls or something? I'm sure Ryan will be up soon." Ryan wanted to hit Brendon for being so ridiculously perfect, no one ever let him sleep in before, but remained still. "But we're not going to wake him."

"Can I wake up Uncle Bill?" Mia asked innocently.

"Sure," her uncle replied, Ryan having to hold his breath to keep from laughing. "Don't bother Gabe though; I don't want you to get hurt." Brendon added with all seriousness, still petting Ryan. "And if Uncle Bill tells you to leave him alone, I want you in your room or downstairs watching TV until I get up, okay?"

"But you are up!" Amelia whined.

"I meant until I'm physically up, meaning I'm walking around the house." Ryan was slightly scared at how alike the two were.

"But that could take forever!" she dramatically sighed. "You can't move till Ryan wakes up and that won't ever happen 'cause he's lazy and still sleeping!" Ryan almost wanted to just sit up right then. He probably could have if it wasn't for the fact that he was comfortable against Brendon, not really knowing where his body ended and Brendon's began, feeling Brendon pet him with the hand not locked around his waist.

"Amelia, we're not waking Ryan up and that's that," Brendon said a little more firmly. "I'm sure he won't be asleep much longer anyway." If Ryan was looking for it, instead of melting into bliss, he would have caught the hinting tone in Brendon's voice.

"Fine!" Mia huffed almost angrily. "Uncle Bill will play with me." Ryan listened to the quick, heavy footsteps move away from them before Mia's distant voice merrily chimed, "Morning Uncle Bill!"

"So, how long do you plan on keeping me pinned here?" Brendon stopped running his hand through Ryan's hair to poke him playfully instead, receiving a light groan from Ryan.

"M'sleeping," he said, voice a little cracked from having not been used in some odd hours.

"Sure." Brendon laughed, Ryan's head moving with the younger man's chest. "You've been awake a good ten minutes at least now."

"How'd you know?" Ryan pouted, because maybe he wasn't as sneaky as he thought.

"Because I've been awake for almost an hour, watching you sleep," Brendon said, making Ryan smile and tilt his head up, forcing his eyes open to look at Brendon; sunlight already bright around them.

"That's kind of creepy," Ryan said with a playful tone.

"Well you're practically on top of me so it's not like I could have left." Brendon smiled down at him.