Chapter 2 ║ Red is Your Color

not proofread/edited

Chapter 2 ║ Red is Your Color 

I walk into the lunchroom and my eyes widen at the sight before me. I blink multiple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. In front of me lay Ashton on the ground with none other than Jake on top of him as he pulverizes him. 

Ashton is the complete opposite of Emily and me. He's popular; we're not. He doesn't reach Austin's level of popularity, but he's popular enough for strangers to know his name and greet him in the hallways. If it weren't for that fact that I've known him since we were small, he probably wouldn't have even looked in my direction.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Emily standing outside of the crowd that surrounds Ashton and Jake. I swiftly run over to her and without a greeting, I fire questions at her.

"What the hell happened over here? I'm pretty sure I've only been asleep for half an hour and I wake up to see this?" I scream. 

Emily looks at me, fear and worry evident on her face. "Look I'll explain later, but for now tell Ashton to stop it. I can't bear to see him getting fucked up like this. Out of all people, he chose to pick a fight with Jake. You know if he doesn't stop he'll be suspended. Just stop him," she pleads. 

I sigh, knowing now wasn't the time to pick a fight with Emily. I stride forward to the middle of the crowd where Ashton is, now up and about to lay a hand in Jake. Immediately, whispers erupt around me. The things I do for my friends.

I hear the crowd speak in hushed tones asking "Who is she", "What is she doing", or "What is the little nerd doing here." Every single question irritates me every step I take and regret instant swarms my mind. Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

I reach Ashton before another punch is thrown. I grab his fists, stopping them from landing a punch on Jake, and yank him out of the crowd. 

Once we walk a few feet away from the crowd, he starts yelling at me. I stand in front of him. shock visible on my face. Out of all the things he could've done right now, like maybe apologize, he decides to yell and at me out of all people.

"Why the fuck did you stop me? I was in the middle of a fight! I had him too." Ashton yells. Dude, calm the fuck down. I just saved your ass from a trip to the hospital and a possible suspension. 

I glare at him, which he immediately notices and his body becomes tense. I know he didn't want to hear the next few words out of my mouth. But that didn't stop me.

"Oh my god! Can you shut the fuck up? I just saved your ass out there. Look I have no fucking clue what happened, but you know better than to start a fight with Jake!" I stop to take a breath before continuing, "You also know that if a teacher walked in, you would have your ass whipped by you mom for being suspended. Be a glad that I stepped before something major occurred."

Before Ashton could say anything back to me, Emily runs over to us, stopping our conversation. "Hey guys! I see that you're having a lovely conversation over here but there are teachers that are about to walk in any moment. Do you think we can go somewhere else and have this talk?" she asks, nervously looking around.

I sigh, before nodding. "Okay we'll go someplace else. But once we get there you guys have a whole lot of explaining to do," I state. 

I drag Ashton out of the lunchroom and proceed to the front doors, Emily following behind us. Once we reach the front doors, I turn around and face Ashton and Emily and look at them sternly. 

"Now explain!" I shout, causing them to flinch from my hostile voice.

I look at Ashton and worry takes over my anger. He looks like he might smash the door any second now.

Trapped With HimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara