Chapter 5 ║ Oblivion

not proofread/edited

Chapter 5 ║ Oblivion

Once I lock the door, I immediately slump onto the cold floor, my back behind the door. The exhaustion hit at full force. I decide to take a nap after taking a look around the new place to get accustomed to it. 

As usual, my father's nowhere to be seen. I sigh, knowing I can't do anything about that. Maybe one day we'll actually have a normal father-daughter relationship, but the possibility of that is not high. 

I shake my head, trying to get rid of these thoughts. I will not let him ruin my mood today. 

I tour around the new place, starting with the kitchen making my way to the dining room and soon the living room. I'm amazed by how large the house is. I didn't know my father could afford such a place. 

I climb up the stairs and face a note attached to the first door. This is your room, the note states. I open the door and my mouth opens wide. It's twice as big as my old room. What the hell has my father been doing so he can buy a luxurious place like this?

I walk over to the window and spot someone's bedroom right across from me. Fucking hell, it better not be who I think it is. But knowing my luck, it's going to turn out to be the opposite of what I want. A second later, Austin walks in. Fuck my life.

His infamous smirk makes his way on his face as he spots me staring at him. He waves his hand, causing me to glare. I did not wave back at him. I close the curtains on him and decide to continue exploring the house. 

I head up to the attic, assuming my father decided to put all of my mom's musical instruments in the same place as before. I get up to the attic and become mesmerized at the sight. Not only was it bigger that our old attic, but also everything's placed exactly the way they were before. I smile, staring at the beautiful instruments. They also seem to be dusted off, making my smile grow wider. 

I jump when I hear the doorbell ring, wondering who rang. I make my way downstairs, curious as who it could be. The doorbell continues to ring and I become annoyed. 

"I'm coming," I shout, trying to get whoever it is to stop ring the damn bell.

I open the door and come face to face with an idiot I didn't want to see anymore of today.

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask, coldly trying to get him to leave. 

"What a nice welcoming. I could definitely tell that you're excited to see me," he says, sarcasm lacing every single word. I scoff at what he just said.

"Austin, why are you here?" I ask again, losing my patience with him.

He smiles, lifting his hands to show me a pan. "My mom told me to bring this over to you guys," he replies. I could smell the delicious goodness from the pan and my mouth begins to water.

I snap out of my daze and stand away from the door frame, allowing Austin to walk in. "You can place it in the kitchen," I order, trying to keep this interaction with him as short as possible. "Tell you mom thanks by the way."

He nods and places the pan on the countertop. I would imagine he would leave now, but he decides to continue speaking. 

"Are you parents around?" he asks, causing my heart to tug at the thought of them. Together. I laugh to myself, knowing that's impossible. 

"No," I say, forcing a smile. "My father's at work." I lied to him. I didn't know where that man was.

He nods again and any normal person at this point would drop the conversation and make their way back home, but Austin's special and decides to further question me.