Chapter 4 ║ A Stalker and a Nightmare

not proofread/edited

Chapter 4 ║ A Stalker and a Nightmare

I wake up to the beautiful ringing noise of my alarm. I climb down from my bed, and instantly feel like shit. Today isn't going to be a good day. I quickly get dressed and make my way downstairs, making sure to take the card my father handed me yesterday. 

On my way to the kitchen, I spot my father in the living room. I didn't expect him to spend the night here. I thought he would be gone by now. Knowing that he was still in the house, my appetite went down the drain. Guess I'm not eating breakfast. 

I turn to leave for school, but his voice stops me. 

"Where are you going so early in the morning?" my father asks, his voice cold and stern.

"To school?" I reply, but it comes out more like a question. Where else would I go at six in the morning?

"There still two hours before your school doors open," he says, causing my eyes to widen in shock that he knows something about my life. "Is there somewhere else you're heading off to?" he asks. I stop myself from rolling my eyes. Where the fuck can I possibly go this early in the morning?

"If you know when the doors open, then you should also know how long it takes to get there from our house," I answer, anger seeping into my voice. 

He shakes his head at my reply. "This is not our house anymore," he says. This was never your house since she left, I wanted to scream. "Make sure you go to the address on the card. I won't be there by the time you're back," When are you around in the first place. "so here's the keys to the house," he continues, walking over to hand me a key. 

I take the key and leave the house, not bothering to spare him another glance or word. While I wait for the bus to come, my mind wanders off and I remember the photo that Austin still has of me. He's going down today.

********************************************

The long commute to school, consisting of four busses, was longer than usual today. I arrive on the front steps of the school at 7:40. There's still twenty minutes left before the school doors open. I decide to sit on the steps, instead of standing and freezing my ass off. 

My mind drifts of to the new changes that might occur with the move. I didn't want to move. I lived in my now old house for my entire life. There's too many memories in that place, memories of my mom.

I came to the realization that the only good outcome of this move is the commute. I'd only have to take one bus, instead of four now. Thus, I would get more sleep which is something I desperately need. The eye bags underneath my eyes are getting out of control. 

Ten minutes went by and more and more students begin to crowd the entrance, waiting for the doors to open. I look around to see if Ashton or Emily were in the crowd of people. 

Instead of finding them, my eyes make contact with someone I want blood from. Austin. His eyes light up when he sees me, a malicious glint shining in them. He makes his way towards me causing me to immediately turn around and hide amongst the other students.

He still manage to find me and stands a few centimeters in front of me. I look up and realize how much his body towers over mine.

"Thanks for yesterday," he says. That's it? I didn't think thanking people existed in his world. Guess I was wrong. He stands there waiting for my reply. I remember the photo and my blood boils.