Chapter 10 ║ Intoxicated and Pancakes

After so long, she updates. 

Please read the author's note at the end.

Thank you and enjoy! (:

not proofread/edited

Chapter 10 ║ Intoxicated and Pancakes

As I sat on the stool in the middle of Austin's kitchen, I decided to take a look around my surroundings. I still couldn't grasp the fact that I ended up here. Well it wasn't like I had a choice. I was pretty much dragged here against my own will.

"Do you want something to drink?" Austin asked.

I turned my eyes to make contact with his. "Water's fine," I replied.

He open the refrigerator and took out a water bottle and a bottle of what seemed like alcohol. He threw the bottle at me which I thankfully catched without making a fool out of myself. He's already seen too much of my laughable life. I'd like to refrain him from seeing even more.

He gestured me to get up and follow him. I stood up and followed him to the living room. We sat down on a couch in front of an enormous widescreen television. Just staring at the thing intimidated me and showed off the wealth of Austin's family.

Speaking of his family, I looked around and barely saw any family photos or just photos in general. The house was also quieter than I expected. Surely his parents were still awake.

"So," Austin finally spoke up. "Do you want to explain what the fuck happened back there?"

All of a sudden my throat felt dry. I opened the water bottle he gave me and took a few sips. He mirrored my actions but with the bottle of alcohol instead.

I stared at him as I watched him drink that vile liquid substance. He stared back at me in confusion after he was done.

"How can you drink that?" I questioned.

He gives me an irritated look. "You can't ask me a question till you answer mine," he replied.

Fuck. I thought maybe talking about him would make him forget about what occurred less than an hour ago.

I sighed, realizing that there's no way getting around this. "What's there to explain? You just saw what happened, no? Or were your eyes closed?" I retorted.

He rolled his eyes at me before speaking, "You know that's not what I meant. Why the fuck was your dad saying all that shit?"

I didn't want to answer him. I didn't want him to know how fucked up everything actually is. He doesn't need to know how much worse it is than what he saw.

I searched my head for some excuse but instead I felt the stare of Austin's eyes. I stared back at him, not wanting to tell him anything. However as I stared into his eye, I realized that no excuse would work on him. He seemed determined to figure out what the hell just happened.

As Austin went to take another sip of his alcohol, I snatched the bottle from him and gulped the whole bottle down in one go. The horrid liquid burned my throat as I swallowed.

I've always disliked the taste of alcohol, but if I was going to be spilling my secrets out to someone I rather be intoxicated than sober.

Austin stared at me wide eyed, in shock. Obviously, he didn't take me to be someone who drinks much less chug over half a bottle of liquor.

I rolled my eyes at him before taking a deep breath. "Now where do I begin," I asked myself.

"Maybe the beginning?" Austin piped in.