08 | a smoking gutarist

— ☆ —

If there was an award for the person with the least amount of Christmas spirit, Seungcheol would win it every single year.

"Can you pass me the star?" I asked while balancing precariously on the step stool. Mr. Scrooge over there just huffed angrily and continued picking at pieces of tinsel that had stuck onto his clothes.

"I can get it." Jisoo said, setting down his mug. We were pretty much dead on weekends. With winter break and all, most of the students had gone home to spend it with their families in Hawaii or something. Normally I wouldn't be too worried about what other people were doing, but this meant that the usual rush of students we got around this time was gone. Which meant Jisoo had no one to play for and was spending most of his time sitting around watching me and Seungcheol work.

"Thanks." I managed to say as Jisoo handed me the tree topper. Was it just me or did the room suddenly get very hot? I swear I was sweating as I tried going a bit higher on my toes to place the star on the top of the tree. Unfortunately, it was an extra inch or two I could not stretch. The star came crashing down first. As it shattered on the floor, Seungcheol's head snapped up in surprise. I lurched forward and latched onto the tree, making the entire thing sway dangerously. Jisoo suddenly grabbed onto my waist in an effort to catch me, but that on made me blush 37 different shades of red. I clutched onto the tree tighter despite the piercing pain of the needle-like leaves digging into my palms.

"Are you okay?" Seungcheol called from behind the counter. I shot him a glare as Jisoo helped me back onto the stool.

"I'm fine." I say loudly although my hands beg to differ. As I step down from the stool, the stinging pain and stickiness of my hands suggest that I might be bleeding. I open them real quick and almost faint. Yeah, definitely not okay.

"Shoot." I mumble softly as I try hiding them by clenching my hands into fists.

"See! This is what we get for trying to be festive!" Seungcheol complains loudly as he rushes over to sweep up the broken glass. Actually, this is what happens when your boss is a lazy ass and makes you decorate an entire tree by yourself.

Rolling my eyes, I keep my mouth shut as I try to slip into the back room to get a band aid or something. But when there are only three people in a room with you, you can't really just slip away unnoticed. Jisoo was the first to notice as Seungcheol was still sweeping up broken glass.

"Hey, are you okay?" His eyes glide over me, widening as they land on my clenched hands. "Your hands..."

I try hiding them behind my back, but Jisoo is quick to grab onto them. Oh my hearteu, my poor poor hearteu. Jisoo, please stahp oh my poor hearteu. I inwardly swoon as he pulls a couple band aids out of his bag and takes time to carefully put them on my cuts. His brow is lightly furrowed in concentration and it's the cutest thing ever. I have to will myself to stop before I reach up to smooth the crease between his eyebrows.

"Pft, what are you two doing? You look like you're in a kdrama." Seungcheol snorts as he brushes past us to go dump the glass in the trash. And with that, Jisoo is fast to break away from me like I have the plague. The moment is ruined because of Seungcheol once again.

"Since we're done decorating, can I leave?" I ask with a sigh. Seungcheol looks surprised at my indifferent tone.

"Yeah sure. You're coming to work tomorrow right? I'm going to need all the help I can get." I begin to frown a bit as I try thinking of a way to get out of working on Christmas. I mean, I don't have plans that night and I was probably just going to go home and spend it with Inha, but come on it's Christmas! Working on Christmas was almost as bad as...well, working on Christmas!