12 | spill the tea

— ☆ —

In exactly twelve hours, my question was answered.

It wasn't Jun who explained to me why Minghao showed up in my math class that Monday. No, Jun was a closed book and heavily guarded. I did think about approaching him, but why would I when I had three coupons from a certain nosy third year that gave me all the power I needed to go up and find out all this by myself?

Seungkwan did say that he would fulfill my wishes no matter what. And here I am rubbing the lamp, so where are you genie?

"You've summoned me?" Seungkwan asked, his eyes drifting over to the coupon in my hand.

"Yes, actually," I said handing him the small paper. "Do you know anything about Jun having a brother? His name is Minghao and-"

"Stop right there, Princess." Seungkwan said while slapping his spatula dangerously close to my face. I shut my mouth and watched as Seungkwan switched off the stove, leaving his sautéed vegetables steaming on the countertop. He turned to me suddenly, eyes narrowed and mouth scrunched up as he studied me. "I don't talk shit about our friends and their family issues, got that?"

"But the coupon-"

"Read what it says at the bottom."

I took the coupon back from Seungkwan and found that at the very bottom (in almost nonexistent writing it was so small) he had written that under no such circumstances was he going to do anything that involved undressing, illegal activities, or information about the following people. As my eyes scanned the list, I found Wonwoo, Dino, and Hoshi's names but the only one that was gilded was Jun's name.

"That's not fair." I sputtered. Seungkwan merely shrugged as he returned to his cooking.

"You should've paid closer attention to the fine print." With a flick of his wrist, the fried rice flipped through the air once before landing in a large heap on a plate. After adding two large spoons and a fried egg, Seungkwan led me by the crook of my elbow to the small table in the back of the clubroom where we sat and ate while IU's high notes serenaded us in the background.

It would've been a nice, fun day in the club had it not been for the curiosity currently ripping through my insides. I could barley even focus on eating I was so distracted. And eating is, like, my favorite thing to do!

"I demand a refund." I declared angrily, although through a mouthful of rice it sounded something more like "iron man are fun."

Seungkwan rose an eyebrow. "What do you mean refund?"

"I mean these coupons are useless." I responded. "What's the point of writing 'I promise to fulfill the wishes of Lee Eunji no matter what' when you have all these rules."

Seungkwan shifted in his seat, an unreadable expression on his face. I usually didn't like playing the guilt card, especially on guys like Seungkwan who I adored, but today was different. There was something definitely off about the way everyone was reacting and by not telling me, it only made me more curious.

Feel the guilt, Bookwan.

"You're evil, Eunji."

"Evil? In what way? I'm not the one who-"

Seungkwan stood up and took the empty plate. "So you wanna know about Minghao or what?" He said with a hint of annoyance.