14 | put you in your place

— ☆ —

I'm an idiot.

I'm actually an idiot.

The first thing I do when I get back to school is go looking for the canteen. As I rush down the halls, turning left then going up a flight of stairs, I decide to ditch the heels. This results in about half the student body throwing me strange looks as I fly by them with a pair of sparkling pumps in my hand. But I'm on a fucking mission, a mission to find some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and I currently have zero fucks to give so please fuck off girl throwing flyers in my face. No, I do not want to join the tennis club and no, boy passing out buttons, I will not vote for you. I JUST WANT MY FUCKING ICE CREAM.

There's no one monitoring the canteen, resulting in about fifty or so students in my class taking up the small tables and stools situated in the small shop. Five of these stools are occupied by my favorite people in the world: Hyemi and her group.

The moment she sees me, her expression turns sour. As I walk over to the line of freezers stacked against the wall, I catch a glare from Jessica that could level a building. That's unusual coming from her considering she's been mostly sunshine and smiles the few months I've been here. But then I see her getting up and walking over to me with a purpose, chin held high and eyes positively chilly as her friends watch with pride.

"Hey Eunji." She says, smiling. I notice two boys from my math class obviously checking her out in the corner of my eye. What's not to like about Jessica? She's nice, the nicest girl in my class, and sure she's not that bright but what she lacks in the brains department she makes up for in looks. The only problem is she lets girls like Hyemi brainwash her and order her around. She's a doormat - and everyone walks all over her all the fucking time.

I offer her a short smile but keep my guard up. Jessica notices my getup and smile turns smug. "Nice dress. Did you go out?"

I ignore her and shuffle through numerous containers of mint chip ice cream. At the bottom lies one last carton of cookie dough ice cream that I reach for at the exact time Jessica opens her mouth again.

An honest-to-God sneer curls her upper lip, an expression I've never seen before. I can't help but think about how similar to Hyemi she looks. "So I guess Wonwoo's not enough for you?" Her voice comes out in a bark. "You're also chasing Hansol now?"

My grip tightens around the carton of ice cream. Everyone goes quiet, eerily quiet, as Jessica continues. "Hyemi was right, you're nothing but a slut."

With a proud smile, Jessica turns to stride back over to her friends but before I can think better of it, my mouth is opening with a snarky reply shooting out.

"Lee Seokmin, huh?" The name causes her to stop. "Funny, cause did you even know he existed before Christmas? Or did you only start hanging around him because you've run out of guys to get back at your exes with? I heard that you cheated on your last boyfriend with Wonwoo, only to then cheat on him with Mingyu." I scoff as Jessica's lip begins to quiver. "And you're calling me the slut?" The words fly out faster than normally and by the time they're out, I'm already regretting them. I see the tears welling up in Jessica's eyes and realize that not only am I an idiot but I went too far.

I shouldn't really be one to judge other people.

As soon as Jessica's face crumples, Hyemi's up and flying out of her seat. Her glare intensifies for the briefest moment as her hand whips across my cheek. The impact of it hits me hard and sends tears springing to my eyes. As I reach a hand up to touch my blazing cheek, I see Hyemi standing in front of me with as much ferocity as she can muster.