11 | a boy with rainbow hair

— ☆ —

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was the hand tangled messily with mine. My heart nearly stopped as I took in the way our fingers were interlocked. How this happened? I don't know. I had no memory of ever inviting Hoshi into my room (much less the bed) and yet here he was lying next to me and snoring up a storm. Lifting up our still connected hands with a frown, I also wondered who had been the one to initiate the hand holding in the first place.

Before I could tear my eyes away, Hoshi suddenly rolled over onto his side. My eyes widened as he scooted closer to me, his breath practically tickling my nose with every exhale while mine stayed permanently lodged in my throat. I could feel the sudden rush of heat rising to my cheeks as I tried inching away slowly. The next thing I know, I'm falling off the side of the bed towards the floor and pulling him with me.

"Fuck! My nose!" Hoshi hissed in pain while reaching up to cradle his nose. I brought a hand up to my forehead where his nose had aggressively banged into, cringing as I glared at Hoshi.

"More importantly, mind telling me what the hell you're doing here?"

Instead of answering me, he rolls off with a groan and stumbles to the bathroom. Of course I chase after him because one does not simply invade my bed and get away with it. Not even blonde boys with bleeding noses.

"Hoshi," I started, but of course he cuts me off.

"You asked me to stay with you last night." He said, frowning as he tried to stop his bleeding nose. "And before you get the wrong idea, it wasn't like that. Wonwoo told me about baseball at Doyoon's and then you came home and you were crying and shit and I just didn't know what to do, okay? Plus it was the first time that you openly admitted that you weren't okay...even if you don't remember." He grumbled that last part before throwing a wad of blood soaked tissues in the trash can.

And here's the part where I feel like a huge jerk.

"Hoshi..." I started, but look he shot me made me instantly shut my mouth.

"Don't apologize." He said. "I get it, it's hard to talk to people and it wasn't any of my business or whatever, but, like, it's just been bugging me."

My brow furrowed at this. "What's been bugging you?"

Hoshi set down the tissue he'd been holding and turned to face me. His expression was all pinched and strained like he wasn't sure whether or not if he should say it.

"What is it?" I try again, but he keeps giving me that same look. "Hoshi, please."

For the longest time, Hoshi just stands there with his brows furrowed and his mouth sealed shut. But then, so fast that if you blink you'd miss it, he smiles. It's a small one, the corners of his mouth barely turn up, but no doubt it's a smile. His gaze is no longer on mine, but lowered down to my neck. Subconsciously, my hand flies up to my neck where I feel a small charm. It's the necklace that Hoshi gave me a couple weeks ago.

"Eunji, or Shuri, um yeah, look, I just..." He gives me a smaller smile. "I just...wanted to know why you have two phones in your pocket."

"What?" I walked out to where Jisoo's jacket was and reached into the pocket. Only one phone came out. I turned to look at Hoshi when the phone suddenly vibrated. That usually wouldn't be surprising, only I definitely remembered shutting mine off last night. I swiped left to open the phone and found a bunch of texts from someone named Jeonghan.