Chapter 7: Death by Dark

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 7: Death by Dark

"What are you?" Elena demands angrily. She hasn't taken her eyes off of Stefan. I don't even know if she knows I'm standing right there along with Stefan or she's choosing to ignore me.

"You know.." Stefan replies looking at Elena's shocked and crazy dark eyes.

"No, I don't." She says stiffly. Her eyes never fail to look away.

"Yes you do, or you wouldn't be here." Stefan nods stepping forward while setting the stake down on the mail box. It made Elena back away slowly. I watched carefully tears still falling down my face.

"It's not possible, it can't be..." Elena sighed shaking her head in disbelief.

"Everything you know, every belief that you have, is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Stefan asked slowly.

"What are you?" She demands.

"I'm a vampire." Stefan says, nodding at her with a sad look on his face.

"I shouldn't of come." She shook her head in disgust backing away slowly.

"Elena.." I finally speak up walking beside Stefan.

"You knew about this all along and you didn't think to tell me!" She yelled angrily running away.

"No! Please..." Stefan yells after her using his vampire speed to get ahead which startles her.

"How did you do that?" Elena demands, cowering away from Stefan in shock.

"Please don't be afraid of me," Stefan pleads, grabbing her arms to keep her from running away again.

"Let me go!" She screams, fighting against his strength.

"Elena, please, there are things you have to know! There are things I have to tell you!" Stefan pleads following her to her car and all I can do is watch.

"Let me go!" She demands and he does watching her run to the car and drive away.

"Stefan!" I yell to him as he remains in the same place. "You have to go after her."

"You have to come too. It's dangerous with Damon out of the cell." He responded furiously.

"I'll be fine Stefan, just please go... She's not going to talk to me." I shook my head trying to hold back the pain.

"Keep that stake by you at all times. Remember it's the element of surprise that scares a vampire." Stefan nodded before running to my house.

Stefan was gone for about 10 minutes now. I was sitting in his room holding the wooden stake in my hands. Damon lied to me, he made me believe there was hope. Now another person is dead, and Elena knows. I hear a noise from downstairs so I rise to my feet slowly. If it's Damon he can sense my presence and I might be screwed. But if it's Stefan I don't have to worry. I slide the stake back in my pocket and walked carefully down to the living room. The door was open and Stefan stood 5 feet away. I could see the pain in his eyes. Things must of not gone well with Elena. I ran down the rest of the stairs and wrapped my arms tightly around Stefan.

"We'll get through this Stefan... We're in this together." I whispered soothingly as a tear dripped down my face.

-----

I woke up the next day in Stefan's room on one of his chairs. I spent the night because I couldn't face Elena. Stefan was already gone and he told me Damon arrived late last night so I should leave as soon as possible. I got up and walked down to the kitchen to get some water. I walked inside the living room to hear Damon leaving a message on Stefan's voicemail. He was walking around looking like an idiot trying to avoid the sun. Stefan told me last night Damon called him and demanded for his ring back. At the moment Stefan was with Elena talking to her about vampires. I look over to the couch and see Vicki on the couch and a bloody wound on her neck.