Chapter 17: The Blood Comes Out

"And that's how I found out I'm a witch." I sighed.

"So Damon and Stefan are vampires, you and Bonnie are witches... What does that make Elena?" He asked.

"A Dopplegänger. And this is the part where Katherine comes in." I nodded. "There's still some confusion with it all, like who our father is and what all this means..."

"So a vampire really did attack me?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it wasn't Stefan or Damon. There's a tomb of vampires that we kind of let out..." I sighed.

"So this is basically your fault?" He asked pointing to his neck wrapped in gauze.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"Apology accepted." He nodded. "So what's the deal with you and Damon? You told me he can be an ass but why do you hang out with him?"

"Honestly Tyler, I think we have something in common.. But I'm still trying to figure it out." I shrugged. "But he can be ruthless, and nasty, and a jack ass sometimes."

"You said he flipped the switch?" He questioned more then stated.

"Meaning he turned all of his feelings off. He didn't feel love, or pain, or happiness. He was reckless." I nodded. "Nobody really knows when he turned it back on. We just know.. He's developed feelings again."

"So Elena and you look like Katherine.. And Damon and Stefan fell in love with Katherine, and they both became vampires because of her, and now Stefan has Elena... And Damon..." He started.

"Oh no. Do not go there with Damon. He's still trying to find Katherine, it's the only reason we opened the tomb and now we're all doomed." I replied.

"I'm not in love with Damon, nor will I ever be, and the same goes for him. We're kind of friends, but we hate each other in the process." I smiled.

"That's a good friendship." He laughed.

"Hey, it works for us. We just flow, one of us does something to make the other mad, we hurt each other, but we tell each other everything. We're on the same side in the end." I shrugged.

"Why did you finally decide to tell me the truth?" He asked curiously.

"I figured, if we're all gonna die.. Might as well know the truth about each other. Plus Damon's going to be the one killing me, for telling you... So it's kind of a win win for the vampires." I sighed.

"But I thought Damon couldn't kill you because of your Dopplegänger blood, or something?" He said questioningly.

"Exactly, but that doesn't mean he won't turn me into a vampire." I shrugged. "But on the bright side I get to annoy Damon the rest of his life."

"Rox, don't say that." Tyler growled.

"I'm merely stating that if I had a choice I'd rather spend my life getting revenge then die a painful death." I replied. "So we don't tell anyone about this. You got it?"

"My lips are sealed." He smiled parking the car at the Salvatore house.

"Here, you should take this." I said handing him my vervain necklace.

"You're the one going into the house with vampires." He replied.

"I'll live. But if anyone wants to get to you, you'll have a lie on your side." I nodded opening the car door. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Rox." He smiled and I waved at him before walking up to the house.

"Come on Care I'll take you home." Elena said. Everyone was walking towards the door, Elena, Matt, Caroline, Stefan, and Matt's mom?