Chapter 9: In My Mind

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 9: In My Mind

Dear Diary,

It's been a while since I've written last. Jeremy doesn't remember anything from Halloween. Damon hasn't been around much and I'm starting to worry. After what happened on Halloween with Damon erasing his mind I haven't talked to him. Stefan and I haven't been that close lately either. Same with him and Elena, but she's sort of starting to forgive me. She apologized for what she said on Halloween and I did the same. Things are finally getting back to normal. Vicki's funeral was a few weeks ago. Jeremy wasn't as bad as Matt which I was thankful for. It was a beautiful service, everyone she knew got up to speak. I would have too, but I really couldn't find the words to say... Like I'm the one who helped kill Vicki!! Anyway, there's a new job opening at The Grill and I'm thinking of taking it to get my mind off of things.... I guess that's it for now besides Stefan's birthday!! I got him something great.

I shut my journal and put it underneath my mattress. Elena was still sleeping and it was around eight in the morning. I have no idea how I'm awake after everything going on. I stood up from my bed and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I decided to go wavy today and do crimped hair. I looked through my closet for something to wear and picked out a casual maroon colored tank top, black skinny jeans, a dark blue jean jacket, and black leather heeled boots. I accessorized with some dangling earrings, bracelets, and a dog tag necklace. I put vervain in one of my bracelets so if anyone wanted to compel me, they can't. I grabbed on black leather studded over the shoulder bag before going down stairs.

Jenna was on the couch sleeping. She's been working so hard at college and trying to keep up with us teenagers. It's a lot of hard work for a single guardian like her. I silently walked past her and walked outside to my car. Jeremy was just walking inside with his music blasting through his ears so I didn't bother to say anything. I opened my car door and drove to the boarding house. I was going to give Stefan his present later. For now I just wanted to go talk to him about what we were going to do tonight. I parked my car next to Damon's that looked like it had just been used. I walked up to the front door and knocked on it a few times.

"It's open. Come on in!" A voice called behind the closed door.

"Oh My God! How...How...Who?" A blonde girl in a towel asked me in shock.

"I'm Roxanne. A friend of Stefan's. Who are you?" I asked confused.

"Lexi a friend of Stefan's." She replied looking at my face closely and oddly.

"Is he here?" I asked nervously.

"He's in the shower. Do you want to wait?" She asked quickly and I widened my eyes looking at her towel. "Oh! No! We weren't in the shower together!!"

"Are you sure about that? Based on your appearance I don't think Stefan would give that up." I shrugged.

"Trust me... We're just friends. I'm in town for Stefan's birthday." She smiled.

"Before we get any further I want you to know, I know about Katherine and what she looks like and how my sister Elena and I are doppelgänger's to her." I replied.

"Stefan has some serious explaining to do." She sighed. "Follow me Stefan's already out of the shower."

"Do you by chance know if Damon's here?" I asked walking half way up the stairs. "I need to talk to him."

"He's probably in his room... Take it from me though, don't get involved with Damon. He's trouble." She sighed before walking back up to Stefan's room. I walked across the hall to where Damon's room should be.