Chapter 13: Team Roxanne

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 13: Team Roxanne

"Morning." A voice came from somewhere as I flickered my eyes open. I looked over to see Damon.

"Damon!" I groaned pulling a pillow over my head. He quickly threw it off. "What do you want?"

"I need your help. I trust you more then I trust Stefan and Elena, so get up and we'll go." He responded.

"Seriously Damon..." I groaned again sitting up in my bed slowly.

"Hurry, I'll give you 15 minutes." He responded getting off my bed.

"Fine!" I caved getting up to find some clothes before heading to the bathroom.

I had no idea Elena was in on all of this. It confused me, because Stefan never said a word about it. During my 5 minute shower I had time to think about everything. I don't see why we don't just open the tomb and get Katherine and kill the rest of them. Then Damon would be happy and he'd leave, and then Stefan and Elena would be happy with no Damon... But I'm not so sure how I would feel. Ever since the night of the decade dance I look back at the letter Damon placed on my bed. He hasn't said anything about it and neither have I. But I can see Damon has been changing ever since. The only thing I don't get, is why Damon still wants Katherine back even though he claims he doesn't love her any more.

I got out of the shower and kept my towel wrapped around me while I blow dried my hair. I curled it in big curls so it wouldn't take as long. I had about 8 minutes left before my time was up. So I put on some light makeup, mascara, eyeliner, and foundation would work. After I finished I put on my clothes. I chose a plain hot pink tank top, white skinny jeans, and sparkly gold heels. I put on this random bracelet I found on the bathroom counter and a gold chain necklace. I slipped some vervain in my pocket just in case. I walked out of the bathroom and Damon was still there sitting on my bed. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my black leather jacket before turning back to him.

"Ok let's go." I sighed opening my bedroom door.

"You should really hide vervain better." Damon said looking at my back pocket.

"At least you can't touch it." I replied walking down to the kitchen to put some in my coffee. "So where are Stefan and Elena?"

"Boarding house, keeping secrets from me." He groaned as I handed him a cup of coffee. "And probably you."

"Stefan wouldn't keep anything from me..." I replied.

"Really Roxanne? You're going to trust Stefan after everything that he's lied to you about?" Damon asked and it got me thinking.

"Do you think I'm going to trust you after all the things you've done?" I asked.

"So really, you can't trust anyone." Damon shrugged taking a sip of his coffee. "But, I guess if you had to choose.. Who would you team up with?"

"If I had to choose..." I paused and started to think about it. "Team Roxanne..."

"Sticking to your own team, not a bad choice." He shrugged.

"No funny business though. The only way this is going to work is if we're both completely honest with each other." I nodded.

"I'll think about it." Damon replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I have to meet Bonnie at her Grams house for some witch stuff, are we good here, or did you need anything else?" I asked looking down at my phone texting Bonnie back quickly.

"No, but we have to discuss some things later. So meet me at The Grill around 7." He nodded. "I've gotta go before Stefan knows that I'm here."

"See you later." I nodded and watched him run out the back door at vampire speed just as the front door started to open.