Chapter 12: The Decade Dance

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 12: The Decade Dance

The morning after I got back from Georgia I spent in my room. Jenna and I haven't talked since last night when I got mad at her for never saying anything about me and Elena being adopted. Elena was trying to cope with everything too so we were on the same page. We were both trying to figure out things on our own, like who her mother is and who our father is. I have Charlotte's number sitting on my bed side table but I'm not ready to talk to her. I feel bad for blowing up on Stefan, but he's been keeping all these things from me. I sat up from my bed once I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I didn't say anything I just let whoever it was open the door and come in. To my surprise Damon was slipping inside my room.

"Hey?" I smiled slightly. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking on you." He nodded closing the door behind him. "Did you, you know.... Call her?"

"No... I can't." I shook my head looking over at the phone number.

"So have you talked to Stefan?" He asked sitting next to me.

"He's been keeping so many things from me, I don't have the time to get into it with him today." I shrugged.

"Come on, I'm going to take you to school." He said standing up and grabbing my hand.

"I'm not feeling the whole school thing, Damon." I shrugged.

"Then come on, we'll go take your mind off of it." He nodded.

"Why are you being so nice to me? What happened to emotionless Damon?" I asked surprised.

"I've learned a few things in the past few weeks." He shrugged leading me downstairs to his car.

"Stefan's not going to be at the house is he?" I asked hopefully.

"He's leaving for school right now." Damon shrugged.

------

We walked inside the boarding house which sounded empty. Damon said Stefan was still there so we could wait outside. But I told him I could handle seeing Stefan. I sat on the couch with a glass of Scotch in my hand while Damon was looking for something in the book shelf. I decided to let him do that and use the rest room. I walked back out shortly after and was about to walk into the room when I saw Stefan walking over to Damon. I hid behind the wall so they couldn't see me and I listened to what they were talking about.

"What are you lookin' for, Damon?" Stefan asked as Damon was still looking at the book shelf.

"Not your concern, brother." Damon replied with a smile.

"No, but putting Roxanne in harm's way, that is my concern.." Stefan replied making me widen my eyes.

"Hm hm. What are you talking about?" Damon asked nonchalantly flipping through some pages of a book.

"I'm talking about Atlanta." Stefan replied.

"Oh, yeah. Roxanne and I had a blast." Damon smiled looking away from his book and towards me with a wink but Stefan didn't realize.

"I get it. You're just bitter because one of us gets to be with the person that we love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach. Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. Is that what Bree said?" Stefan said making me a little confused.

"You're pathetic when you're fishing." Damon growled at his brother.

"And you're transparent when you're deflecting." Stefan shrugged.

"Don't you have school?" Damon asked grabbing another book from the shelf as Stefan started to leave.

"Roxanne?" Stefan asked startled when I walked inside the room.