Chapter 15: Founder Fundraiser

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 15: Founder Fundraiser

Dear Diary,

We helped Damon open the tomb the other night. I just didn't know how to write it all down until now. When Elena and Bonnie took Grams home she had a severe heart attack. She's in the hospital right now, but I'm not sure if she's going to make it. I haven't talked to Bonnie since then. I've been with Charlotte a lot, she's been helping me with my magic because Sheila's not around right now. Now Damon... When Damon was in the tomb he couldn't find Katherine, Stefan, Elena, and him got out just in time. Ever since, he's been a terrible mess. Stefan and I are doing everything we can to help the guy out. I'm going to go over to the boarding house today and see if I can't get him to go out of the house, maybe to The Grill to grab a drink... So that's basically it for now.. Where did my life go wrong?

I shut my diary and set it aside me. I was sitting outside on the porch swing because it wasn't too cold outside. I just sat there watching the cars go by. Elena was outside for a little bit, we were just sitting in silence, thinking...

She's back inside with Jenna now. I think she found some things about Elena's birth mom. Jenna told me her name's Isobel Peterson, I asked Charlotte if she maybe knew something or if she had ever met Isobel. I tried asking who my father was, but Charlotte doesn't want to talk about him until I'm ready, and I understand because he cheated on her with Elena's biological mother. It's given me time to think about everything, what it might be like to have a mom again and even a dad if he's not a total doche bag.

I got up from the porch swing grabbing my journal before walking back inside. I went to my room to but my diary in it's safe hiding place under my mattress. I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower and got out to blow dry and curl my brown hair. I looked through my closet and picked out a plain white sweater, simple black leggings, and some brown knee high riding boots. I put on a red scarf around my neck, and some brown beaded bracelets on my wrist. I grabbed my phone and floral colored purse and walked down stairs. I waved to Jenna and Elena before going out to my car. I sat inside of it and dialed Stefan's number, listening to it ring three times before he answered.

"Hey." Stefan's voice came over the speaker.

"Hey, how is he Stef?" I asked and he knew I was talking about Damon.

"He could be better." Stefan replied slowly and I started my car and pulled it out of the drive way.

"I'm on my way over, we need to get him out of the house." I sighed.

"Good luck. I'm going to meet Elena at The Grill, she said she found some stuff about her birth mom?" He replied.

"I don't know, I wasn't in the house this morning." I shrugged.

"How are you doing with everything that happened?" He asked seriously and I didn't want to get him worried about me.

"I'm fine. I'll talk to you later." I lied hanging up the phone before he could say anything else. When I got there I walked into the library and Stefan was there standing by the fire place. "I thought you were going to meet up with Elena."

"She can wait a few minutes." Stefan replied setting his drink down on the coffee table.

"I told you I was fine Stefan." I sighed. "Go meet up with Elena, I'll be fine here with Damon."

"What's going on Roxanne... You used to tell me everything." He said and I just couldn't hold it in any more.

"I'm scared Stefan! Are you happy now? After the whole thing with the tomb, I can't sleep at night. Bonnie's grandmother is in the hospital and Bonnie won't even talk to me! I try to be strong about it around you and Elena, but it's just so damn hard!" I yelled.