Chapter VIII: A Night With You (Part III)

(A/N: Poor Yukina-chan. Drunk and alone with Hajime-sama. Will something happen between them? Hmm...
Chapter VIII for you, minna! Happy reading!)

Hajime's POV:
           It didn't surprise me when the maiko Yukina-san passed out as we were drinking quite late into the night.

           "What do I do with you?" I whispered, slightly concerned that I might wake her up.

           For a maiko who is supposed to be putting on a mature facade, Yukina-san is actually naive and unsuspecting.

            Anyway, I can't just leave her slumped on the table. So I picked her up, put her on my bed, and tucked the sheets around her.

          There, that's settled. However, I'm feeling unusually restless. What can I do to pass the time while sleepiness hasn't come to me?

          "Might as well do some calligraphy." So I gathered my materials and started to write. It was already quite dark though, and my work didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to.

         VThud! The sound of something falling to the floor sent my senses into heightened alert. I scanned the room for the slightest sign of danger, all the while gripping my katana tightly.

          There was none. But I saw Yukina-san lying on the floor.

          "How clumsy and careless can you get?" I mumbled as I carried her back to the bed. "If I were another person, you'd have been raped already."

           Soon, I felt myself getting sleepy. Only thing is: where was I going to sleep? Yukina-san was already occupying my single person bed. *Sigh* I'll be sleeping on the floor then.

          I was about to lie down when I heard another thud. While tossing around in her sleep, Yukina-san had managed to send herself falling to the floor again.

          "I can't sleep like this," I said in exasperation. What to do?

          VI know... There's a way I can try so that both of us can sleep soundly.

           "What must be, must be," I said as I climbed into my bed. Yukina-san was trashing about as I laid down beside on what little space there was remaining. I hugged her and wrapped my arms around her waist to keep her from ending up on the floor again during the night.

          Even with me already holding her in my arms to keep her in place, Yukina-san couln't keep still even in her sleep

          Face it Hajime, I thought to myself. I bet you won't be getting much sleep tonight.

(A/N: And there you have it! We have our monthly exams today in our school so I'll probably upload this chapter as soon as I can connect to the school's wi-fi... during my free time.

Next chapter update: Saturday or Sunday (January 23 or 24, 2016).