Chapter IX: Last Night We...

Yukina's POV:

I was harshly awakened by the glare of the sunlight streaming through the window. It wasn't a pleasant awakening, if I may say so. My head felt like it was smashed hard into a wall. Also, my mouth felt very dry.

Where am I? I surveyed the room I was in to try to recall how I ended up here.

Wait... I remember now. I spent the night with Tsukiyama-sama. We drank together. I passed out, and... I don't remember anything else

I tried to rise from where I had been sleeping the night before but was shocked to find I wasn't alone. I shifted my body a bit and came face to face with an asleep Tsukiyama-sama who was unconsciously snuggling me.

How come we ended up sleeping together on this bed? Why is my body aching? Why are my clothes rumpled? Panic began to well up within me as I analyzed what could have happened.

"Did Tsukiyama-sama and I..." I whispered. Fear of the possible consequences arising from my carelessness started to flash through my mind.

"Calm down, Yukina. Now's not the proper time to lose your composure." With this thought in mind, I slid out of the bed being careful not to wake Tsukiyama-sama up.

Despite the predicament I'm in, I couldn't resist taking a peek at the person sleeping in front of me.

"I must admit you're quite good-looking sir." His face looked so much younger and more relaxed in sleep, unlike when he is awake.

" Yukina, stop being stupid for now, ok? Quit staring at him. You have more important concerns to attend to now."

So I have. How in the world am I going to ask Tsukiyama-sama if we did something we shouldn't have done? Just the idea of it is mortifying.

At the moment, I noticed something different about his appearance. It wouldn't be apparent at the first instance. But if someone looked closely, he or she would notice it.

There were dark circles around his eyes. So he hasn't slept well last night.

"Which means... It can't be... So we actually..." If this was case, my career was ruined.

Unable to bear the mounting tension inside me anymore, I rushed to the bathroom to confirm my suspicions.

Once I was there, I swiftly undressed and checked my body from head to foot. No marks anywhere, yet why am I feeling a lot of pain?

I was so occupied with what I was doing that I didn't notice the door of the bathroom slowly open.