Chapter XII: Don't Know Why I Want To See You...

Hajime's POV:

          When you badly want to see someone and don't know why? What do you do?

          These questions have been running through my mind since I woke up this morning. That's it. I need to do something to resolve them.

          Better take someone along with me, though. There are a lot of things I can do well but being sociable is not one of them.

          No choice left but to let him tag along. After all, he can be the life of the party when needed. Now, time to get him.

           It's not in my usual routine to frequent our master's home at daytime. This moment is an exception however.

           Navigating the hallways is a breeze for since I know this place like the back of my hand. Soon, I reached my destination.

           My initial plan was to enter his  room without knocking. Who am I kidding? Unlike him, I could never do that.

           So I started knocking softly at the beginning and getting louder eventually. No answer... What the heck? How deep was his sleep? Next plan: go directly in.

          I slid the screen door little by little and took a peek inside. As expected... Renji was still inside, somewhere in the state of being half-asleep and half-awake.

          "Renji wake up," I said. Well, that didn't work. So, I tried shaking him which made him rouse a little bit.

          "Go away, Hajime. I don't have work today and it's too early," he grumbled. My, my. Being awakened at this time in the morning does transform his attitude a lot. Look who's being a grouch now?

          "I'm going out. Care to join me?" I replied. His reaction to what I've just said wasn't something I've been anticipating.

            Jolting up and staring at me unbelievingly seems a bit too much. Why all the fuss? "You seem so shocked, Renji" I commented.

          "Yeah, somewhat. It's just not like you to head out on our days off," he replied. "You prefer to stay at home, right?"

          Yes. I behave like that most of the time. Today's somewhat different though.

          "Nothing wrong with changing one's routine from time to time is there?" I commented.

          "I think I'll pass this time," Ren lazily replied. "I don't feel like going out today."

          Oh, really? I'm sure he'll be begging to join me once he learns where I plan to go.

          "I see. Have I mentioned I'm planning to go see Yukina-san? If good fortune sides with me, I might be able to spend time with her." Take that, Ren.

          A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Everything went as I predicted. Ever seen someone being doused with hot water?  That's how Renji looked as he immediately got up.

          "I'll go with you, Hajime. I was just joking a while ago," he said.

          "It's ok if you don't want to go. I'll just ask Toki to come with me instead," I mentioned.  Now, look who's being teased?

          Toki is our bestfriend who had recently returned to. Japan not long ago. He's our master's son, to be specific.

          "Hajime, don't you two dare to leave me behind!"he warned. Don't smile, I reminded myself. Or else, Ren will see through your prank.

           "Three minutes to get ready... If you're not prepared by that time, We'll be leaving you behind." Let's see you beat the clock.

          "Fine, fine! Wait for me, you hear?" Ren warned. Pfft... I didn't give his threat much credit. How could I when he almost fell flat on his face in his hurry to get dressed?

           He was still fuming when we, along with Toki, reached the place where Yukina-san works. What do we have here? It seems even a prankster like him needs a dose of his medicine.

          "Stop being such a grouch,"I whispered to him. His reputation might take a hit when maikos and geikos see his pissed-off side. "You might scare off your adoring fans."

          "I don't give a damn right now," he ansewered. "Seeing Aki-chan is all I care about." Well, would you look at that. Ren, is that you?

          "Ohayo, Hajime-sama, Ren-sama," greeted the geiko who regularly entertains us. "I see you've brought a new face with you today."

          "His name's Tokiya. He just arrived here after studying for sometime overseas, Ayame-san," I volunteered to inform.

          "Oh, interesting," Ayame-san commented, with a flirty look at Toki. There it is again. Women getting attracted to him at first sight.

          "Could you sit and chat with him?" I inquired. I don't want him to feel out of place.

         "My pleasure, Hajime-sama. May I ask one more question? Do you wish for more maikos or geikos to accompany you?" she added.

          "We do. Are Yukina-san and Chiaki-san available?" I hope they are. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ren sporting an ear-splitting grin. Good, he's his usual self again.

           "They are,sir. Do you wish for them to accompany you?" You bet we do.

         "The whole morning, if possible. Don't worry we'll pay the required amount," I informed.

           Shock registered on Ayame-san's face as I said these words. Maikos aren't paid as much as geikos are. But to be able to buy a whole morning's worth of a maiko's company is a whole different matter.

           "Yes, Aya-chan. Sky's the limit when it comes to having Aki-chan to myself for this morning," Ren butted in. "I bet Hajime feels the same way towards Yuki-chan."

          "Great, Ren, just great. Does the word subtlety ring a bell to you?" I countered.

          "No. Chill out, Hajime."he said. So I thought, slight irritation making its presence felt to me.

          "So give me a break. When Chiaki-san comes, go to here so I can have some peace."

          "Haha. Ever so willingly, my dear Hajime," he cheekily said.

          The two of were still bantering when out came the reasons for our visit...

(A/N:  Apologies for the SUPER late update *bows ninety degrees a million times*

          Writer's block has been pestering me for some time now. This story's still ongoing, I swear. Hajime-kun and Yuki-chan are just not talking to me about how they want their story to be as of the moment.

      Anyway, here's a new chapter for you, minna. Enjoy! Also VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW. See you soon.