chapter 1

SARA'S POV

    The whole house got up at the same time every morning, 6 AM exact. Today was the first day back to school after winter break, January 3rd.
    Today I decided to wear a pair of leggings with my high top white converse with a sweater I got for Christmas, and put my hair in braids with some light mascara on. Before I brushed my teeth, I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Is all your homework done?" My mom asked. I nodded my head while biting into my waffle. Man...I really love waffles.

"What about you Kat? Johnny? Ellie? Homework done?" She asked them. Johnny and Ellie nodded, Kat's face went into shock.

"I FORGOT I HAD ANY!" Kat yelled, spitting out her waffle. Annnnd up the stairs she went.
We all chuckled a little bit and then went back to peacefully eating.

"Joan are you excited! I heard that you guys are having a new year's party in class today!" Dad said, trying to wake the tired 5 year old up a little bit.
His eyes widened and he nodded his head, eating his waffles.

We all finished getting ready, and Johnny walked Joan to his bus stop. Once Johnny was back, Ellie had already started her walk to school since she missed her bus, Mom and Dad headed to work, and Johnny, Kat and I walked to our bus stop.

After a long, boring bus ride, we finally made it to the school. I'm not excited to be here - whatsoever. But, our bus is quiet with kids who are a loud, annoying, mess.

I said goodbye to Kat and Johnny and headed over to the table with my friends. I had three main friends, Tulip, Jackie, and Eliza. I do have a big social circle, but I keep the main ones close.

"OMG OMG OMG GUYS LOOK AT MY NEW CASE" I hear Tulip boasting. Tulip was always the one who would boast about stuff, and GOSH it's annoying. She gets one thing and it isn't enough for her, so she complains. Just be quiet... and yes, she has been considered being dropped from the close friend group. I get too nice and scared to drop people and start drama.

"Okay Okay Tulipp... we get it. Are you guys ready for that Spanish project?" Jackie asked.
"I HATE IT" I said loudly. "I don't wanna write an essay alllll in Spanish. It's not fair - she speaks spanish fluently but we don't WHY DOESN'T SHE UNDERSTANNNNNDD" I finished.

"Agreed" All three of them said in unison.
The bell then rang so we all headed our separate ways. I walked into my first period, chorus, and ran into one of my other best friends, Miles. Me and Miles go wayyy back, to like the second grade when he moved here from Ohio to Montana. He likes singing as much as I do *maybe I like singing a little more*. We have frequent singing competitions - I let him win most of the time.

*TIME PASSES*

    Soon enough, here we are, at the end of the day. I meet up with Kat and Johnny at the Terrier statue at the front of the school. Once they are both there, we walk home. We choose walking in the afternoon just to avoid the annoying bus - trust me - it's even worse in the afternoon.
    Today, after we met up at the Terrier statue, Tulip, Jackie, Eliza, and Miles met up with us at the flagpole by the exit of the school.

"Spanish project today?" Johnny asked.
"Yeah the teacher changed it to a group project so we are breaking it up into different paragraphs for everyone to do. Do you think it's okay if we work on it at our house?" I asked Johnny. Johnny was the oldest and since our parents are always working we don't see them as much so he's more like a parent to us. We have learned to respect him more as a parent than a sibling. Is that bad?

    Johnny nodded his head and we started the walk home. Joan can't get off the bus without an adult there with proof that he is where he belongs, so we have to stop by his school on the way there. Since the schools are all next to each other, it isn't that hard. Ellie takes the bus home from school, and if she misses it she texts us and she waits for us so she isn't walking home in the afternoon alone. In the morning she has our neighbor Billy to walk with her, but he rides the bus home in the afternoon.

    After we picked up Joan, we started the 15 minute walk home.

    Once we arrived at our house, Tulip, Miles, Eliza, Jackie and I were about to make a b-line for my room, until I noticed that my parents cars were in the driveway.

"Why are mom and dad home early today?" Kat asked. Johnny shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know...that's strange. Let's go find out" He answered.
We walked into the house to find Ellie sitting on the couch with a concerned look on her face, staring at the floor with my parents in the kitchen whispering.
"Ellie.. What's up?" Kat asked.
"Mom and Dad wanna talk with us," She answered, then looked at our group of friends we brought home, "alone."
Then, mom walked into the room with a distressed look on her face.
"Hey girls and guys! Uhm.. If you don't mind, today might not be a good day to hang out. If it's for school I would do it at someone else's house but Sara has to stay here." She said to my friends.
They nodded their heads understandingly, said thanks, and walked out. Not before Johnny handed them some soda's though.
"Kat, Johnny, Joan, Sara.. please come sit with your sister." Dad said. We dropped out stuff and wandered over to the spots next to her.

"Okay so.. We know when we adopted you all we took on the responsibility of taking care of all of you, forever. AND we want to. We really do. But, your mother and I lost our jobs today. Our bank accounts have a little less than $100 each in them. We are going to have to make a lot of changes... and sadly that involves you guys as well." Dad started.

All of our jaws dropped. We know kids have it worse than us, but 4/5 of us have lived half of our lives here, and now....

"We contacted all of your birth parents and told them our situation. They have all agreed to take you guys back. We are so sorr-" Dad tried to finish but was cut off by Kat.

"SO YOU PUT US ALL TOGETHER AND THEN GET RID OF US ALL?" Kat said. She had gone through many homes before this one, all with bad memories.

"Kat.." Johnny started. She just got up and went to the backyard. We knew to leave her alone and  to let her gather her thoughts.

"You guys leave tomorrow morning for the airport. Joan you are going to California, Ellie you are going to Germany with Kat, and Johnny and Sara, you are going to England. All different families though. If I were you I would go start packing, dinner is whatever you find tonight." Mom said.

I can't believe this is happening.

BOOOOOM CHAKA LAKA

Well this was a sad chapter
BUT IT GETS BETTER IIIIII PRROOOMISE
Im hyper oops

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed lovelies!
Question of the chapter: Tacos or burritos?
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW MEH FOR MORE
Youtube channel: Tara the Directioner (Link in wattpad bIo)