chapter 22

hi part of this chapter contains cyberbullying. cyberbullying is never okay. i am adding it as part of the storyline. if you see someone being bullied, whether being online or not, please tell an adult or someone you trust to help stop the situation. it's not a joke and it's not funny. 

SARA'S POV

"Now that you've turned 16, don't you want to be introduced to the fandom?" Harry asked during one of our family dinners.

"I mean, I don't see any issues with it," I say. "Mum, do you?" 

"I don't. Just as long as they stay nice." She said. "But before we do introduce you, we need to make you aware of them. They can be mean. They can be degrading and rude. Are you sure you want to do this?" 

I nodded my head, "I'm sure." 

"Okay, let's create your Instagram then," Gemma said. After dinner, we moved to the living room where Gemma let me use her laptop to create my Instagram. My user name was simply "ssstyles2003". I made my profile picture a picture from my birthday. My bio said "TPWK. 2003. Happy." Cringey, but I didn't know what else to put. My account was then officially made. I followed Harry, Gemma, and Anne. They each followed me back. 

"They'll know we've all followed you, sooner or later. Probably sooner, so I think we should take a selfie now." Harry said, going to his tagged posts and refreshing the page. He then closed out of the app and then went to the camera app. We all gathered around him and smiled. 

"Say cheese!" Harry said. 

"Cheese!" Everyone replied with, laughing. He takes the photo and then goes back to the Instagram app. 

"What should I caption it?" He asks. 

"Maybe 'Welcome Sara!'". Gemma suggested. 

"I like that." "I do, too." 

"Okay, sounds good!" Harry says, typing into his phone. He tags Anne, Gemma and I in the photo and then hits 'Post'. He refreshes his page after a minute and watches the numbers go up. 

"Everyone loves it!" He states. Anne smiles at me. 

"Let's read some comments!" Gemma suggests. Harry clicks on the comment section on his post. 

'She's so beautiful, Harry!' 

'I don't know where she came from, but I already love her!' 

'Love you guys!' 

'BRING ONE DIRECTION BACK.' 

We all laughed at the last one. I haven't even met the rest of the boys, but I already have a feeling it's going to be interesting. Harry's phone then lets out a noise, signaling that he's gotten a text. It's from a group chat named "Best Boys". 

'Mate! Tell her to follow us!' Someone had said. I didn't get to see the name of who sent it, but I had a feeling that it was one of the One Direction boys. 

"Niall says that you need to follow all of the 1D boys, Sara," Harry says, letting out a small chuckle. I chuckle back and open my app, to see people constantly following me. I find the boys on Instagram and follow them, quickly getting follows back from all three of them. 

"Should I post something soon?" I ask. 

"Probably. But I say we go out for ice cream first!" Gemma says. 

"I agree!" Harry says, standing up from where we were. 

"You guys go on, I'm going to get some final house-work done for the day," Mum says. 

"Are you sure, mum?" I ask. 

"Yes, dear! Please go on. I'll see you when you get back," she says. We all give her a hug and tell her that we'll see her later, and then put on our jackets and shoes then decide to walk to a small ice cream shop down the road. 

We just barely make the closing time of the ice cream shop, but they still let us in. There were some girls working that obviously knew Harry, and they told us we could have anything we wanted for free. They did give me some weird looks when I walked in with the two but soon diverted their attention back to Harry and Gemma.

"I'll take a mint chocolate chip cone with two scoops please," Harry said, then looking at Gemma.

"Could I get a vanilla cone with two scoops and sprinkles, please?" She said. The girls nodded, then all walked away. Harry and Gemma turned to look at me, then Harry turned back to the girls.

"Hey, uhm, she's with us too." He said. There were four girls working, they don't need four girls to make two ice cream cones. 

"Oh, she is? Since when?" One girl asked. 

"For a while now. Please, take her order now," Gemma said, turning towards me. I guess they haven't been able to check their phones yet. 

"What can we get you, then?" Another girl said, sighing. 

"Uhm..could I please get a banana split?" I asked. Banana splits are probably one of my favorite things. A recent discovery, but so good. The girls then walked away and made the ice cream, then begged for photos from Harry and Gemma. I was forced to take them, wasn't allowed to be in them, even when Harry asked if I could. The girls were very rude in general, but I guess there's nothing we can do about some of these people. 

After we finished the photos with those girls, we left with our ice cream. 

"I'm really sorry, Sara," Harry said. 

"It's alright, Harry. You didn't do anything." I said. The rest of the walk home was quiet. When we did arrive home, our ice cream was gone and Mum was watching a movie on the sofa. We joined her after washing our hands since they did get a little sticky, and I decided now would be the time to make my first Instagram post. I decided on a photo I took with everyone when I first arrived in the UK. I decided on no filters, and captioned it, 'Happy to call them family. x'. I then hit 'Post' and closed Instagram. I enjoyed about half of the movie before I decided it was time for me to go to bed. I told everyone goodnight and gave hugs, before going upstairs and brushing my teeth. 

As I was walking to my room from the bathroom, I overheard Harry and Gemma speaking to mum about the behavior of the girls at the ice cream shop. Mum said we wouldn't go to that ice cream shop again, and then I heard footsteps so I continued my walk to my room and laid down. I then decided to check my post and see if those girls had seen it yet. 

Technically, I first went to Harry's account. I checked his tagged posts and saw the pictures that I took, multiple times from people reposting them. I then went to the comment section of his post from earlier and saw mostly positive comments. I then went to my picture and started scrolling through the comment section. 

'Apparently, she's very rude. The girls that took pictures with Harry said she was very snobbish.' 

'Leave the Styles alone! Go back to your own life!' 

'Anne doesn't want you!' 

'Gold-digger...' 

'Harry's just being nice. Stop being a bother and leave.'

The last one hit me hard. So did the one about Anne. I decided that enough was enough for one night and turned my phone off, rolling over to go to sleep. 

--

A/N : thanks for reading! as i'm writing this, the instagram name used in this chapter hasn't been used. (4/28/19) 

thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!

vote

comment

follow for more 

:)

-tgoodw6375