Chapter 34

***Author's Note.
There aren't many chapters left, but thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoy the book so far! Don't forget to vote and comment if you like it! Thank you!******

-------------------

The rest of the camping trip is smooth sailing. Ashley stays out of our hair. Actually I'm pretty sure she just ended up going home because I haven't seen her around at all. Jayden is still pissed about everything she has done. He is planning on telling his dad tonight about the whole Ashley manipulating the boys in the pack thing. Hopefully they will believe us and Ashely will finally leave Jayden and myself alone.

The boys managed to kill a couple of deer and some birds when they went on their hunt. We ate one of the deer while we were on the grounds, but decided to share the rest of their kills with the pack. The boys packed the deer onto a few cars and off we went, back home.

I'm finally back at my place, unpacking all of my stuff. My mind goes back to the night Jayden and I spent together. Although the only thing we did was make out, I have never felt more connected to him. I know the bond between mates is strong, but this feeling was not what I was expecting. He truly makes me feel complete. Like with him, I can get through anything.

A knock I sounds on my door. I turn my head and yell, "Come in."

The doorknob turns, followed by the door opening. My mom walks in smiling. He brown hair fall neatly around her face.

"Oh hey, I didn't know you were home, you're car wasn't in the garage." I say to her.

I abandon my bag and skip over to Mom. I wrap her in a hug and she follows suit.

"My car had to go into the shop yesterday. It needs a few repairs. I'm so glad you are home, was your trip fun?" She asks.

We break the embrace. "It was a blast! Well most of it. Ashley, the Beta's daughter almost messed some of it up. But we got past that situation quickly."

She gives me a look of curiosity, "what do you mean Ashley almost messed it up, what did she do?"

Should I tell her? I mean I don't know if she will believe me. Lexi almost didn't believe me when I told her. She thinks the idea is crazy, but I will need to practice telling the story if I'm going to confront the Alpha about it tonight with Jayden.

"Well it's kind of complicated, are you sure you want to hear it?" I ask.

She laughs and sits onto the bed next to my bag. "Of course I want to hear it."

I smirk as I continue to unpack. "Just making sure. Well the story begins after we got to the campsite. I set up the tent and everything, but I soon realized I hadn't seen Jayden in a while. So I went to look for him but no one had seen him either. When I go to check out his tent, some kid grabbed me and started dragging me into the woods."

My mom's eyes widen in fear. I quickly add, "don't worry, he didn't hurt me, he just dragged me to Ashley and Jayden who were together in the woods. At first I was upset that they were together, but then I realized that something was wrong with Jayden, it was like he was being controlled. Same with the boy who was holding me. Both of their eyes were dilated and blank. Then Ashley somehow manipulated Jayden into telling me that he loves Ashley. But then the weirdest thing happened. Ashley and I got into this fight, and  right after she fell Jayden started to regain consciousness. Ashley fled, and when I helped Jayden up, he had no recollection of anything."

"She got Jayden to say that he loves her?" She asks. I nod my head.

"And that's not the only thing. Ashley also manipulated all the guys in the pack to attack me when I went to the water fall early last week. It's weird, none of them remember attacking me or why they would attack me. And another thing is that I don't think Ashley can manipulate girls. I'm not sure why it's only guys, and I know this all sounds crazy and impossible, but trust me Mom, she tricked them and got into their heads." I ramble on quickly, trying to defend my statement.