Chapter 9

Dan's Point of View

I woke up with a sharp pain running down my face. I tried to touch my face to see what the pain was, but I stopped abruptly, when an excruciating pain stopped my arm from moving above my shoulder. I let out a soft whimper of defeat and laid my head back down on the soft pillow underneath my head.

"P-phil, do you think that Dan will be o-okay?" It was Dean.

"I am sure he will be fine. He is very strong Dean. Why dont you go ask the nurses where you can find the play room?" Phil.  I heard his soft footsteps padding on the hard linoleum. I heard a chair being puled next to bed. The sudden warmth of Phil's hand sliding into my hand made everything fade away. The continues beeps of the heart monitor, the burn of the IV pumping medicine into my blood stream.  All that I could feel was the soft fingers that intertwined themselves with mine. "Dan, I-I really" He was beginning to choke up "I just really love you and I hate to see you in pain." I felt the salty tears fall onto our interlocked hands. "I just don't want to live without you Dan. I c-cant live without you. I-I wont live without you, my love and I am just hopping you will be okay." I felt the soft touch of his lips against my forehead. 

I carefully opened my eyes, and was blinded with the sudden brightness. I saw Phil was leaning over my head still. I used my good arm to grasp the back of Phil's neck and pull him closer me. "I love you too my little Lion." I smiled carefully and kissed him. It was a kiss that was so full of love that it almost hurt. It was full of want, sorrow, and genuine longing to be held forever. 

When Phil finally pulled away I saw his crystal blue eyes, swimming in tears. "I-I was so scared Dan." he crawled into the small hospital bed with me and rapped his arms around me, careful not to squeeze too hard. "I was so scared I was gonna be left alone." 

I moved his black hair, out of his face and kissed his forehead. "Its okay. I'm here. Shh shh its okay. I'm not going anywhere any time soon." He cried into my hospital gown and I comforted him until he had calmed down. 

"I love you Bear." He rested his head on my should and I rested my head on his, And toghether we drifted off into a comfortable sleep.

HEY PEEPS.

So I need some feedback from you guys.

Do you like more frequent shorter chapters or less frequent chapters but they are longer.

I was just wondering.

HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR.

-LOVE J