Chapter Thirty-Three: Battle Continues

Third person

On Pelennor Fields, the Rohirrim are routing the orcs. Lyra fights orcs, killing as many as she can.

"Drive them back to the river!" Éomer yells

"Make safe this city!" Théoden orders

As the Rohirrim drive away the Orcs, giant war Oliphaunts (Mûmakil) come into view. Haradrim, mounted on the Mûmakil, blow horns. The Mûmakil run past the retreating Orcs. The King of Rohan does not hesitate.

"Reform the line! Reform the line! Sound the charge!" Théoden commands

Gamling blows his horn.

"Rohirrim! Charge!" Théoden yells

The Rohirrim run headlong into the Mûmakil, which dwarf them. The Oliphaunts crush many Rohirrim, although some hit the beasts with arrows and spears. Lyra slices the Oliphaunt's legs, then starts to fight orcs again once it's dead.

The Haradrim shoot arrows down at the Rohirrim. Oliphaunts trample some of the Rohirrim. Gamling rides under a Mûmakil, shooting arrows into its belly. Éomer twirls his spear and hurls it at one of the Haradrim captains.

The Oliphaunt staggers and falls into another Mûmakil. Éowyn and Merry ride between the legs of the beasts.

"Take the reins. Pull it left! Left!" Éowyn yells to Merry

Éowyn slices open the legs of an Oliphaunt, making it fall.

"Aim for the head!" Éomer advises

"Make for the oliphaunts!" Gamling yells

One of the oliphaunts is riddled with spears.

"Bring it down! Bring it down! Bring it down!" Théoden says

Éowyn throws a spear that lands in an oliphaunt's leg. The wounded beast falls and knocks Éowyn and Merry off their horse. Éowyn scrambles out of the way to avoid being crushed. She looks around frantically. Lyra notices and looks too, as well as try and fight off the hordes of orcs.

"Merry!" Éowyn yells for him

Théoden fights off Orcs. Éowyn fights off several of them. Théoden looks at her with possible recognition. Merry emerges and is attacked. He fights off several Orcs, including one who picks him up. Éowyn exchanges blows with Gothmog.

(A/N: Not my best chapter, but hey I finally updated!)