I'm Taylor's Girlfriend

Taylor woke 10 the next morning with two messages on her phone. One was from her publicist, Tree; telling her how great she looked in last night's photos and the other was from Lily, telling her how much Karlie had talked about her last night.

Karlie! Shit, Karlie was coming over today and Taylor's apartment looked (and smelled) like a dump. Taylor bolted out of bed, went to the kitchen to grab a trash bag and started throwing away the chip bags and takeout containers. Had she really eaten this much? She has probably gained like 10 pounds in the last two weeks. Taylor finished cleaning, lit some candles to get rid of the funky smell and hopped in the shower.

As Taylor was drying her hair, her phone buzzed; it was Karlie.

'Hey, I was going to come over in about an hour. I have all the ingredients for my kookies because I wasn't sure if you'd have them or not. I can't wait to see you again :)'

The octopus in Taylor's tummy was back, she hadn't been this nervous in her life. What if after spending time with her, Karlie hated her?

About 45 minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Taylor almost ran, but didn't want to seem like she had been doing absolutely nothing but waiting for Karlie to get there (even though she had done exactly that), so she slowly walked towards the door. She put her hand on the knob, took a deep breath and opened the door. She felt her stomach twist and her knees go weak. Standing in front of her was Dianna, the Dianna who hadn't spoken to her in twenty-three days. Why had security let her in? They knew the visitor she was expecting was Karlie. Dianna pushed Taylor aside letting herself in. Taylor stayed standing in the doorway.

"I know we haven't spoken since I broke up with you, but I wanted to come here to make sure you were okay and weren't in some self pitying state. So, here I am."

"I've been fine. You can leave now"

"You sound so cold Taylor, I was just being nice. I still don't believe you are okay."

Taylor felt arms wrap around her waist from behind, she went stiff.

"Hey babe, why are you standing in the door? Oh.. Hello. Who are you?"

It was Karlie. Taylor relaxed into her embrace, this girl had perfect timing. Wait, did she just call her babe?

"Uh, I'm Dianna, Taylor's .. er.. friend. Who might you be?"

"I'm Karlie, Taylor's girlfriend, and according to the conversation I just heard, you are her ex and she doesn't want you here."

Taylor could not believe that Karlie had just said that. Judging by the look on Dianna's face, she couldn't either.

"Well, I was wrong. You are more than okay. You sure do get around quickly. Goodbye Taylor"

Karlie let go of Taylor, and they both stepped aside to let Dianna leave.

"I'm sorry if that was too much, you just seemed really uncomfortable and I didn't like seeing you like that. I just realised you may have wanted to talk to her and oh my god I'm so stu- ouf!"

Taylor had practically run into Karlie, giving her the biggest bear hug.

"Karlie, you have no idea how much I appreciate what you just did for me, thank you so much."

"Did you see her face? Hilarious. Oh! I left the groceries in the hallway, let me go get those and we can start making my famous kookies!"

Taylor was glad that Karlie hadn't pressured her to talk about Dianna. She's sure the conversation would come up, but for now she just wanted to enjoy her day baking with Karlie.