The Video

Taylor's first single Shake it Off, was a major hit. She spent the last couple of months promoting 1989. It was October 27th; release day. She was so excited, yet extremely nervous to share this album with the world, it was like nothing she's ever done before. Karlie had to leave early this morning for a photoshoot in Manhattan. They were meeting for lunch at their favourite cafe in an hour. Taylor paced around the house; it was going to be the longest day ever. She wanted to know how her fans were reacting to the album; she wanted to know what the first day sales were going to be. She decided to creep some fans online (it's a thing she did quite often). She was shocked with what she was seeing; even the people who were hating on her the last few years were loving the album!

Taylor makes her way to the cafe; she's there a little early. The waitress has their table waiting for her, she makes her way over to her seat and orders a tea. Before long, Karlie is standing in front of her with her hands behind her back and a huge grin on her face. When Taylor arches her eyebrow as if to ask "What are you up to Kloss?", Karlie holds up six copies of 1989. Taylor laughs.

"Kar, you're supposed to let the fans buy them!"

"Tay, I am your biggest fan, you should know that. Besides, I'm giving them to my parents and sisters."

"You're the biggest dork, Kloss. Have you been online? People are loving it!"

"Obviously. Tay, this album is incredible, people are going to stop pretending they don't like you."

Taylor and Karlie enjoy their lunch without getting papped. That week, Taylor's album broke numerous records, she was in every headline, being interviewed by everyone. In the next month, she releases her next single Blank Space, which goes on to break Vevo records, and soars to number one. Karlie and Taylor haven't spent much time together since the album release because they've both had very busy schedules. Taylor's birthday is coming up but she's going to be performing so Karlie surprises her a couple of weeks early with tickets to see the 1975.

It was the night of the concert, Karlie had invited Cara and Lily over for some drinks. Taylor appreciated Karlie keeping her birthday celebrations lowkey, she didn't want any big celebration that would attract the media. They were drinking whiskey sours, and thanks to Taylor, had a couple of shots of tequila; they were definitely feeling the effects of the alcohol.

The 1975 were putting off an amazing show, Taylor, Karlie, Cara and Lily were the only four up in the VIP section. Taylor was singing along to Girls when she felt Karlie's arm wrap around her midsection and her kisses all over her neck. She turned to her girlfriend and began kissing her, Karlie's hands were on the side of her face, begging her to get closer. Taylor's hand makes it's way to Karlie's ass before she feels someone pulling them apart; it was Cara.

"Bloody hell, we're in a public place!"

Taylor's eyes bugged out, she had been completely caught up in kissing Karlie.

"Did anyone see?"

"Nah, I think I broke it up before anyone noticed, plus it's really dark."

"Taylor, you have a song referring to being in love with a girl, I don't think it's a big deal if you're seen kissing me."

"Karlie, you don't get it. I told people that that song was from Jack's perspective, they have no idea that I'm in love with a woman; in love with you."

"Oh. Well you heard Cara, no one saw. I'm going home."

Everyone said their goodbyes and made their way home. Taylor knew that she had upset Karlie, she tried to apologize but Karlie was giving her the silent treatment. When they get home, Taylor tries to kiss Karlie, but she just turns her head and walks towards the guest room.

Taylor sighs and goes to bed, knowing it going to be a long night; her phone rings, breaking her train of thought.

"Hello."

"Taylor! What were you thinking! You know you can't kiss Karlie in public yet! The press is all over the video, and they're asking me for a statement from you!"

Oh no. It was Tree; someone saw them kissing. Wait!

"There's a video?"

"Yes! Luckily, horrible quality and it's hard to tell what you're doing. I told them it was really loud and you were trying to hear her speak, but I don't think they bought it. The video has been online 25 minutes and already has a hundred thousand views."

"Maybe it's time to come out, Tree."

"We discussed this Taylor, you have to wait until after your tour. If this causes too many rumours, you may need another PR."

"I can't do that to her again; I won't."

Taylor ends the call and searches for the video. There it is, you can see her and Karlie making out in plain sight. Taylor hated that her life had to be this way; she had been hiding for so long. She couldn't help but cry; how long would this last? She hears, the door open and looks up; it's Karlie.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I just saw the video, I should have never started touching and kissing you at the concert, I knew we were in public."

"No, I'm sorry that I always hide you. I'm sorry that because of me, we have to act like we're not madly in love with each other."

"Tay, it's not like that. I understand why you have to do the things you do. You worked hard to get where you are. I'm sorry I got mad at you."

"You shouldn't have to understand why! I worked hard to get here, yes, but I am willing to throw it all away for you."

"I would never let you do that. Let's go to sleep and see what tomorrow brings, maybe no one will see the video, who knows?"

"Kar, Tree already called me to say they've contacted her for a statement about what we were doing in that video; it has thousands of views. She suggested another PR, but I don't want to put you through that again."

"No matter what happens, I love you, I always will."

_________________________________________________________________________

The next morning and the following month are insane. Magazines, newspapers, websites all with the headline  "American Gal Pals" and a still from the video are everywhere; there's no escape. Talk shows have played the video and speculated over what was happening. Taylor and her publicist denied all rumours, saying they were simply talking to each other. Most of the fans have gone wild, supporting 'Kaylor' and their happiness. However some people are not impressed at all; there are some very hateful comments on posts about the girls being together. Taylor and Karlie hadn't been seen together since the day after Taylor's birthday. They were prepping for another PR relationship, this time with Scottish DJ Calvin Harris; who she would officially meet at the Brit awards next month.