Chapter 15

After they said that Chelsea was doing fine but wasn't exactly ready to go home yet I said I'd stay there with her but Chelsea told me not to so we don't create suspicion that she's still alive. So I went home. Pretty pissed off. Not that Chelsea made me leave her in the hospital but that my dad would do this to her. When I walked through the door of my house I saw my dad watching tv with my mom.
"Hey Laur!" My mother greeted me.
"Hey Mom! Did dad tell you what he did today?" I said in a sarcastic tone.
"No. What did you do today?" She asked.
My dad just sat there not saying a word.
"It's fine Dad I'll tell her! Dad shot Chelsea today!" I said letting tears fall down my cheeks and mean tone going through my voice.
"WHAT?! Why would you do that?!" She yelled at him.
"I don't accept Lauren's relationship with her. I told Chelsea to stay away from Lauren and I caught the two together today and that was her consequence." He explained.
"That's no reason to take the life of a fifteen year old girl! Why would you not accept your daughters happiness?! Don't you see how much Lauren loves that girl and how much Chelsea loves Lauren?!" Dad stayed quiet.
"Mom. I can't stay here tonight. Not with the man who shot the girl I love most." I cut in saying calmly, tears still streaming down my face.
"That's understandable honey. Do what you need to do."
"Thanks Mom. I'm gonna get some stuff and go to a friends house."
"Okay." She said calmly,"I'll have a talk with your father." She said changing her tone from calm to firm.
I walked upstairs and into my room. Dani and Lisa were sitting on their beds watching the as if waiting for me.
"We heard what you were talking about with Mom and Dad down stairs. I'm so sorry." Lisa said hugging me. "I can't imagine what it's like for you to go through this. I know how much you love her."
"I'll be fine. I'm gonna stay at a friends house tonight. I can't stay in this house with him."
"Understandable." Dani said hugging me. Lisa handed me a tissue and helped to wipe away all the tears.
I grabbed a duffle bag and packed anything I might need for a while. I don't know how long I'll stay with Chelsea's friends. I don't know why I call them that either. They're my friends too. Once I finished packing I gave my two sisters a hug and left the house without another word. I miss Chelsea so much and she's only in the hospital not far from her house. I can't imagine what it would feel like if I actually lost her and I don't want to imagine it. I knocked on the door and someone opened it immediately and hugged me tightly.
"Hey Lauren. How you holding up?" Parker asked once he pulled away.
"Fine knowing that she's still here and in good hands." I replied.
I made my way to everyone giving them all hugs and saying hello. When I walked into the girls room to put my stuff down, I came face to face with Charlotte. I still had a little bit of a grudge against her. I showed that by not talking to her as soon as I walked in.
"Are you still mad at me that I liked her?" She asked noticing my ignorance toward her.
"I don't like her anymore. I see how much she truly loves you and how you return that love right back. I can't get in the way of that."
"Get in the way of what exactly?" I asked.
"The look in both of your eyes when you look at each other and talk to each other. I even see that look in Chelsea's eyes when she's just simply thinking about you. She starts smiling like a complete idiot when she thinks about you or one of us mentions you. I've never seen someone so crazy in love like that before. You obviously feel the same way back don't you." She said.
"Of course. I love her with all my heart." I said smiling like an idiot and thinking about her.
"You know she talks about you in her sleep. It's quite funny actually. She talks about how beautiful you are and how funny and talented. She talks about dates you two have been on and how she can't wait for more. She also talks about how much she loves you and how the amount of love she has for you scares her sometimes because she's never felt like this before." When Charlotte finished I had a huge smile on my face. I love her so much.
"You know Anna in there?" Charlotte said motioning towards the door of the bedroom meaning in the living room. I nodded in response.
"Chelsea used to have a huge crush on her. She never told Anna about it until a long time after the feelings went away. But Chelsea talked to me through the whole thing. How she felt at certain times. How strong her feelings were or how confusing they were since she didn't know whether she was bi or gay because liking a girl was so weird for her. She told me not long ago that the feelings she has for you are so much more intense than the crush she had on Anna will ever be. So that's what I mean about not getting in the way. Love is hard to find and the ones that do are very lucky." Once she finished I was blushing thinking about Chelsea saying all that about me.
"Thank you, Charlotte. It means a lot to me." I said embracing her in a hug.
"I see bright things in your future with her. Can I ask you something?" She asked. I nodded. "Would you marry her?"
"That's the plan. I'm hopelessly in love with her." I answered.
"It's so cute!" She said then left the room.
I finished putting my stuff down and organizing it then went back into the living with everyone else. We ordered pizza and talked the whole night about why my dad shot Chelsea, how she's doing, and music. I hope Chelsea is doing okay. I miss her so much.
__________________________________________
AN: so there's chapter 15! Hope you guys liked it!