Chapter 16

Chelsea's POV
Let me tell you something, nothing sucks more than having a cast like thing around your chest. It hurts to move, walk(which I can't do cause I have to use a wheelchair now), sit down, anything. I still can't believe I survived a gun shot wound. Today I finally get out of this stupid hospital and get to see he love of my life. Lauren is coming to pick me up and should be here any minute. I was waiting in my hospital bed since I'm not allowed to leaving until Lauren gets here so someone can help me get into my wheelchair. Suddenly the door burst open and Lauren was standing there at the door way.
"Lauren!" I said softly since talking even hurts a little.
"Hey baby! I missed you so much! How are you feeling?" She asked
"Everything hurts. I can't even walk so I have to use this." I explained pointing towards my chair.
"Awe I'm so sorry. My dad is such a dick."
"Lauren language!" I laughed.
"Sorry but it's true!"
"I guess so."
Just then the nurse came in to help me get into my chair, then Lauren helped to push me out of the hospital and into the bright sun light. The nurse had to show Lauren how to get me in and out of the chair and into the car without hurting me so nothing would go out of place with my ribs or whatever. Once she was done talking we finally made our way back home. Lauren told me how all the guys are super excited to see me. Once I got home, and Lauren pushed me through the door, everyone was yelling and screaming their hellos. I said hi back and answered all the weird questions they had for me.
"Why did he shoot you?" Charlotte asked.
"How do you feel on surviving a gun shot?" Asked Anna.
"How was the food?" Drake asked.
Soon enough everyone was tired and we all went to bed. Lauren helped to place me down in my bed before she got into hers. Oh yea, apparently while I was in the hospital Lauren moved in with us since she didn't wanna live under the same roof as he man who tired to kill me. Makes sense I guess though. I know I wouldn't wanna live with him. The next few days after I got back were pretty quiet since I couldn't do anything. I wish I could go hang out with the guys somewhere, but we've just been sitting at home watching TV and talking. Super laid back.
"Hey Lauren isn't that your dad on the news?!" Josh exclaimed.
"Today a man in his late 40's went to jail today after being tracked down for the past month for shooting 15 year old Chelsea Anderson. The man by the name of Mike Cimorelli has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for attempted murder. We have received word that Chelsea was not killed by the accident as it just missed heart but caused a few rib injuries." The anchor news woman said.
"Chelsea is very lucky to be alive right now. The bullet Mr. Cimorelli shot at her missed her heart by a couple centimeters. We did surgery on her to get out the bullet and also discovered that she has major rib injuries. She's in a cast and wheelchair now and we can't be exactly clear on when she will get out of it." The doctor fro, the hospital said.
"Wow." Anna said.
"Dude you're on the news!" Parker shouted. "That so cool!"
"I guess but now anyone who saw this is gonna know what happened to me." I said.
"Not exactly. They didn't say that my dad tried to kill you because you were dating me." Lauren said trying to comfort me in a way.
"I guess so." I replied.
"But at the same time, everyone who's that you survived a gun shot and shouldn't be messed with!" Josh exclaimed.
"I'm honestly just glad my dad is in jail now and won't be out for a while. That way he can't hurt you anymore."
"Does that mean you're going to move back into your house?" Charlotte asked.
"No. I wanna stay here and help take care of Chelsea."
"Thanks baby."
"Don't thank me for helping you."
"I just really appreciate it."
Nothing else really happened after that. We ordered pizza for dinner and watched Fuller House then all went to bed.