chapter 12

Percy pov:

I wake up and I'm in a dimly lit room with Will Solace standing next to me and Frank sleeping on a chair in the corner.

"Hey" He says softly

"Hi?" I say but it's more of a question

"Do you know where you are?" He asks me

"No"

"You're in the infirmary " He says "I have to ask you a few questions before I go bring Leo and jason in."

"Okay"

"Why were you self harming?"

"Because I couldn't stop"

"When did you start"

"The day I was sent to live with my ex stepfather "

"Why did you start?"

"I had to"

"Percy please. You can tell me anything. I won't judge you I promise."

"My stepfather, Gabe ugliano, used to live with me and my mom before I knew I was a half-blood and he was mean. He would drink and gamble away all of our money."

"Hey, it's okay"

"No its not" I tell him "When I was 4 he started to hit me and yell at me. It progressively got worse and worse until one time he put me in the hospital. That was around the time my mom started sending me away to boarding schools. Every summer I had to return home though. When I went home one year my mom and I were planning to go to the beach, but our plans were cancelled by the Minotaur attacking. Grover got me here safely and I thought mom was dead but she wasnt. When I found out she wasn't dead I told her everything. I told her how horrible Gabe was and she divorced him."

"So, now I'm confused." Will said

"In the last war my mom was killed in a fire the day we were rewarded by the gods. I was placed with Gabe and things were worse than they were all those years ago."

"That's horrible, but if you want I can give you a check up. Just to check on your injuries and see if you're okay" He offers

"Yeah, sure Dr. Solace" I wipe away my tears.

When did I start crying?

----------------time skip-------------

Will just finished my check up and was bringing in Jason and leo so he could tell them what was up.

They come in and Leo rushes to my side.

Jason starts talking to me but I'm not listening. All u can focus on is how beautiful Leo's eyes are.

"-and... Percy, are you listening to me? Do you know how worried I was?"

"Sorry no, I wasn't listening. I was paying attention to Leo instead"

Leo looks at me and his eyes are red and puffy from crying.

Frank gets up and says something to Will and jason making them leave the room.

"Leo?"

"Percy I was so worried about you" He starts to cry

"I'm sorry"

"Can you promise me something. Please"

"I can try"

"Stop cutting."

"I'm trying"

"Then why did you try to kill yourself?"

"I couldn't control myself. I saw the razor blade and I felt the need to cut..." My voice falls to a whisper "I couldn't stop. I just kept cutting and cutting."

I cry.

"It gets better" He says

"How can you know that?" I ask him

"Because it got better for me" He says.

He rolls up his sleeve and shows me his wrist. I gasp. tons of scars trace his arm.

"You..?" I trail off

"Yeah."

"Was it hard to stop?"

"At the time, yeah," He tells me "But it feels great when you don't do it anymore"

"Will you help me"

"Yes"

"Can you take me back to my cabin?"

"No" He says

"Why" I whine

"I don't want you to be there until we get it all cleaned up and get rid of everything sharp"

"Okay... well can you at least come lay with me? I want to cuddle."

"Of course" He says and climbs into the small bed.

He turns on one side and puts one arm behind my head and the other around my waist pulling me closet to him.

His body was so very warm. He's like my own personal heater.

Before I fall asleep I have one final thought

I think I love you, Leo

Leo pov:

6 words.

6 words are the best and scariest words I've ever heard.

"I think I love you, Leo"