chapter 35

Neutral pov

Percy was in the worst pain she had ever felt.

Will had driven them to the hospital because he didn't know how to deliver a baby. They went into the emergency room and Percy was immediately put in a wheelchair.

A contraction hit her and she screamed. They put her and Leo into a room and made Will stay in the waiting room.

"Why the Hades won't they just let me give birth already?" Percy said through grit teeth.

"You aren't dilated far enough yet." The nurse said.

"When will I be?"

"I don't know."

-------

Leo's hand felt like it was breaking. Labor started a few minutes ago and Percy had a tight grip on his hand.

"Push." The doctor told her. She squeezed Leo's hand tighter. Her face was red and she was sweating a lot.

After a few hours, a baby was born. It was a healthy baby girl.

"When can I get the painkillers?" Percy asked, before they even got to see their child.

"After you deliver the second one." The nurse said.

"Second one?!" Both Percy and Leo exclaimed.

"Yeah. You didn't know you were having twins?"

"Um, no?" Leo said

"When was the last time you had an ultrasound?"

"I never got one." Percy told her.

"What? How can that be?"

"I never went to a doct- Ahhhhh."

"Time to deliver baby number two." The nurse said.

The doctor was telling Percy to push again within an instant.

Things started to go wrong pretty soon after that.

"Push" the doctor told her.

She shook her head. Leo noticed that her grip on his hand had greatly diminished. "I can't" she said

"We're almost there." Leo told her. "Just a little more."

Her eyes drooped and she stopped squeezing his hand all together.

"You have to leave now." The nurse told Leo.

"I'm not leaving."

"You have to. We are going to preform an emergency c-section on her. You can't be present for that." The nurse told him. "Wait outside. Call your friends and family. If they're here, explain things to them."

Leo begrudgingly left. And went to the waiting room. Will was there and he had called Frank. Frank told everyone so all of their friends were there. He told them everything.

-------

Two beautiful baby girls were born on that day.

When Percy Valdez regained consciousness, the newly weds talked names.

The first born had greenish blue eyes, just a bit darker than her mother's, with a hair color between black and brown. They chose to name her Sally for Percy's mother. It first because the child had Sally's nose and had only smiled since she met her parents.

The second child was much smaller than the first, due to the fact that the children were not due for another month and Percy was pretty malnourished at the start of the pregnancy. She had two different eyes, one was a chocolate brown color and the other was more of a whiskey color. Her hair matched her father's, but most of her features resembled her mother. They named her Esperanza after Leo's mother.

------

Once they were clear to leave, they returned to camp for a short period of time. After camp, they went back to Leo's shop in New Orleans.

The two girls grew older and first steps turned to first days of school. Sally was amazing in all areas of school. She was popular, smart, and athletic. Esperanza was amazing at most of the same things, but lacked interest in science and social studies, causing her grades to drop sometimes.

They were seven when Percy got pregnant again. This time it was a boy. His name was Charles, after Charlie Beckendorf, because he held some similarities to Leo and the other children of Hephaestus. The only feature he got from Percy was her hair. Charles was really interested in math, as he grew up. He excelled in most math topics, but had trouble with most other subjects.

After he was born, they decided they needed more room, so they purchased a house with four bedrooms. Leo and Percy shared the master bedroom, Sally and Esperanza shared the next biggest room, one was used for a nursery for Charles, and the last room was a playroom.

Charles, or Chuck,  was about five when they had their fourth child. Another boy, it was. He was named Luke. The boy didn't resemble either of his parents much, with his blue eyes and light brown hair. He had slightly pointed ears, like Leo, but that was the end of the similarities. Luke was very athletic. He was amazing at any sport he tried, especially swimming. He was not as good in his academics, though.

When Luke was three, their fifth child came along. Her name was Zoey, named for the huntress. She had black hair and was the spitting image of Sally Jackson. She was very highly intelligent, but she had no interest in sports or activities.

About seven years later, Percy and Leo Valdez had their final child... or children. It was another set of twins. They were a boy and girl who were nearly identical. Their names were Jackson and Amber. They looked more like Leo than Percy, but they did get a few traits from Percy. They had greenish eyes, similar to Percy's and they had the same smile as her. Despite their looks, they were as different as Apollo and Artemis. If one of them excelled in a specific topic, the other one did not understand. Surprisingly, neither of them liked swimming all that much and that was the only thing they had in common.

AN School started yesterday. I'm trying to finish this story in the next chapter. It'll only be like an epilogue of sorts. Expect it to be up soon.

Surprise!!! Twins!!! Thanks for all the names suggestions. I used some of them. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!