chapter 25

Neutral pov

Leo wasn't sure he could sleep much after the battle. His girlfriend was still in the infirmary. Will had told him that Percy might be okay, but only time would tell for sure. Jasone said that she was coughing up blood. Leo didn't know much about wounds and injuries, but he knew that if she was coughing blood, there was internal bleeding.

We went to Percy's cabin and got into the bed. He had changed the sheets that afternoon and the new ones didn't smell like her as much, but her sent lingered in the room. The reason he was sleeping in her cabin was because it made him feel closer to her.

He tossed and turned in bed all night and eventually gave up on sleep at 1:38 am.

He sighed and slid on a shirt before going down to bunker 9.

Leo started fiddling with an unfinished project, half heartedly. He couldn't concentrate and his hands kept shaking. His mind was on Percy.

Stupid, he thought to himself. I promised her we would be okay. Now she's dying and I feel like I'm dying with her.

Leo felt worse than he had after Calypso. It may have been because Calypso didn't love him anymore and he knew that Percy did.

He slammed the project down and ran his hands through his hair and over his face.

His hands came back wet and the son of Hephaestus found himself crying. He threw a screwdriver at a wall and then another tool and another.

He then thought of something.

Earlier that day, will told them that they couldn't use water to heal her because she didn't have the energy to use her powers.