Chapter Seven- "N"

{Nicole's POV}

"Ten people have been reported missing over the course of two weeks, if you have information of the whereabouts of ..." Sam closed the tab of the news report.

"Do we suspect Lucifer?" I asked, laying back in the wooden chair.

"This is just like when Lucifer was summoning Death, back where we went with Ellen and-..." Sam stopped mid-sentence. Dean was silent.

Just then the police radio went off, something about parts of a body being found with a blood written note beside it. They didn't say anything more, it already sounded bad.

"You and you, stay here and do not leave the bunker under any circumstances. Got it?" Dean commanded pointing back and forth between Avery and I.

"Since when did you become so dominant and controlling?" I said sarcastically.

"See, I've always like to take control. Especially when-" Dean was starting to explain.

"Stop." I cut him off midway. "TMI, Dean." I fake gagged at his words and Avery giggled.

"Love me a man who takes control." Avery winked at me and I lost it. Dean raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"Oh get a room!" Sam teased and covered his eyes.

"But seriously, what are we, five?" I started. "We can handle ourselves, don't baby us, Dean. We're adults too."

"We have the devil on our hands and the last thing we all need is more bodies. I'm not taking no for an answer. You're staying here." Dean commanded walking away to go to his room. Sam followed suit. When they came out they had on their FBI suits.

It was quiet when they left, when I looked at Avery she shrugged at me.

"Now what?" I sigh, this was already boring.

She grinned evilly and got up, I followed her. We were in the kitchen, I smirked when I knew what she probably wanted to do.

~*~*~

"Is it supposed to look like that?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh my god it's burning!"

"AHHHH!"

I grabbed the fire extinguisher and put out the flame. The whole kitchen was a mess, we decided to make a cake. There was flour all over the floor and ourselves, there was egg in my hair and cake batter all over Avery who decided to mix the cake.

"Hello." Said a deep voice, startled I turned around and let the fire extinguisher spray all over whoever was behind us.

When I let go of the handle I got a clearer picture of who it was and it was Cas. I sighed, "I'm sorry Cas, I didn't know it was you."

"It's fine," he wiped away the foamy substance off of his trench coat.

"Dean told me to come here, he said he didn't want you two alone because of the body." Cas stated.

"What was so bad about the body?" Avery asked, raising an eyebrow and looking at me.

"It wasn't the body it was what was next to the body, on the note. It had the letter "N" on it, Dean didn't want to take chances it wasn't directed towards you." Cas explained, this caused me to gasp.

"But it could be directed toward anyone! And who said it was Lucifer who killed the victim!" I didn't want to believe it but any thing I tried led to a dead end.

"The victim was a demon." Cas dipped his head down.

"And?" I crossed my arms, "it's a demon, so what? It could've been Crowley."