Chapter Sixteen- Liar

{Nicole's POV}

I was still in the bathroom trying to regulate my breathing and calm myself. My eyes were closed as I felt a chill rise from the tile walls and seep through my clothes, chilling me.

When I began to get up, I staggered and fell back down. I had a major headache and I still felt dehydrated even though I had no desire to drink liquids. I felt confident and stood up, this time grabbing the sink.

I turned on the faucet and threw warm water onto my face, the water dripped off my chin and nose back into the sink as I hung my head low. When I wiped my eyes and face, I looked at my reflection.

I looked extremely pale and my hair was all frizzy and knotted. My eye sockets were sunk in and the skin around my eyes seemed loose. My eyes wandered to my arms that gripped the sink tightly, there were light traces of scars as if someone cut me.

Weird.

I turned off the still running faucet and began to exit the bathroom. The hallway I walked into was very open with white walls and dark furniture. I could see connecting rooms with other furniture. The socks I had on my feet slid slightly as I walked on the white tile, when I was able to stop on the first rug I took in that room's surroundings.

This appeared to be a living room, there was a TV sitting in the corner behind a black bear rug. There were leather couches sitting at the wall which looked ever so comfy but I refused to sit down on them.

I did a full 360 spin trying to take in everything and came to the conclusion this was a modern flat that I assumed Crowley bought in some sort of manner. The next thing I needed to do was find Crowley. My whole body swayed as a I walked to find him, I called out his name as I continued to search the rooms.

I came up empty and decided to give up and give in to those couches. The couch felt like sitting on a cloud and I felt myself begin to drift off immediately.

Straight out of Hell and into Heaven.

"Glad to see you're enjoying yourself." Crowley's voice spoke startling me and caused me to jump slightly.

I smirked in response before closing my eyes to drift off again. The silence was enough for me to lose consciousness but I was awaken yet again by the annoying Scottish accent.

"I have to do some things, try not to hurt yourself or do anything stupid, love." Crowley said before the room was quiet again. I opened my eyes slowly and saw he was gone before I got up and went into the kitchen.

Cabinets were left opened as I searched for food and more water. I came across granola bars and took all of them, there was cold water in the fridge that I stole as well before I found my way into a bedroom. There was a granola bar hanging slightly out of my mouth as I searched for clothes and nibbled away trying to satisfy my hunger.

I found boots that were a slightly bigger shoe size than mine but I still put them on, the jeans I had on were dirty but they were all I had. My next item was some shirt, there was an old black sleeveless top in a drawer that I put on. I searched for a rubber band to painfully put my hair into a messy bun, my mission was to get the hell out of here and find some where to go.

Before I could do that I needed money, and I had no idea where Crowley decided to even keep any cash. When I was finally able to find some money, I came across $279, enough for food and a night at a motel. There was a small bag I took with me to stuff a few extra clothes, the food, and the water. I felt set and decided to leave the flat and begin my walking journey.

The weather was mild outside and wearing the sleeveless shirt felt nice. The bag draped over my shoulder and rubbed against my forearm and side. The road I walked along had green leaves, showing spring was here again. I was so lost in thought the sound of a car muffler was the least of my worries, until the driver honked at me scaring me so badly I fell onto the asphalt.