Chapter Twelve - Heart

{Nicole's POV}

I whimpered as I watched a tall figure walk over to a tray full of scalpels, needles, a carving knife, a hammer, and a few other shiny tools. My body trembled as I laid helpless to the cold table. I barely had clothing on; only a bra and shorts. My stomach was exposed while my arms and legs were bound to the table with leather. The ugly, red scar flowing from my right breast towards my naval.

The figure grabbed a knife sitting on the tray along with a scalpel and hammer. The figure approached me and got close to under the bright light above me.

They raised their eyebrows, "It's all going to be fine, Nicole." Their voice would haunt me from now on. "Oh wait, I lied. It's never gonna be fine." They laughed showing me white teeth. Those dimples I fell in love with, would be something that made me revolt in disgust.

I closed my eyes while turning my head and sobbed quietly, I felt a hand grab my chin and turn back to face them again.

"Open your eyes." They commanded letting go of my chin. I gulped and opened my eyes slowly, I took in their face and those familiar hazel eyes.

"That's the spirit," Sam grinned evilly, "I want you to see that you can never escape this torture."

He dug the knife into my lower abdomen and began to cut me open. I cried out in pain and thrashed violently, blood poured out as he sliced through my skin. Sam grabbed a near by towel and soaked up the blood. The process repeated itself: Slice higher up my chest, cut deeper, and soak up the remaining blood. The wet noise of my skin opening is engraved into my mind, I felt myself get more and more nauseous by the second.

Let me fucking die!

I shut my eyes while tears ran down my face, Sam cut all the way up to where my heart was. I could feel my heart beating against the open ribs. My eyes shot open when I felt my ribs give away and shatter. Sam had taken the hammer and started smashing the bone, I gasped and screamed in the overwhelming pain. I could feel blood in my mouth, and I quickly tried to spit in his face.

Sam only grinned and wiped his face. I took in deep breaths as I watched him pick up the scalpel and cut out my beating heart.

"This will always be mine, Nicole." Blood spurted out of my chest as my head fell back down on the table and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

~*~*~

I woke up. I'm not sure how but I woke up, but I was still strapped onto the table. Sam was standing beside me, wiping the blood off of his hands as he looked at me with disgust. I looked down at my chest and saw it was stitched shut. When I breathed in I felt a sharp stabbing pain, before I knew it I was choking on my own blood. Sam rolled his eyes before touching my head.

A strong sense of power came over me as he touched my head. When he took his hand off my forehead the power was gone and so was the pain. I looked down and saw my bare chest. There were no stitches and I could breathe normally.

My head rolled to the side as I watched Sam exit the room, before he left he said something.

"See you tomorrow." His voice made my skin crawl.

He turned his back to me before his height shrunk a few inches and his hair became shorter and blonder. His attire changed as well and that was when my mouth was dry, he turned his head to look over his shoulder at me. He winked before walking out of the room and slamming the door shut.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

So I had 700+ words originally but I didn't like how I wrote everything so I deleted what I had for this chapter. This should answer the question: Where did Nicole end up? Welcome to her personal hell.