Epilogue

There was small commotion with the surrounding booths in the diner. Small talk, the occasional loud laugh, few people moving in and out. Exactly what you'd expect from a diner. My gaze was mainly focused on the man in front of me, he had a cup of coffee in front of him. Golden eyes scanning the place every so often, really soaking in the surroundings.

When he looked back at me, pupils dilating from the bright light seeping through the window. I watched him eye me with a small smile while I ate my pancakes with inhuman speed.

"That's not very lady-like is that now?" He quietly laughed.

"One, I am not lady-like. Two, I suffer from this thing called hunger. Don't harass me or my pancakes, Richard." I said taking a large bite from another pancake, also talking with my mouth full.

Richard smirked, nodding before dumping several packets of sugar into his coffee. He raised the mug to his lips and took a big gulp of the liquid, "Ah." He said satisfied, sitting the mug down again.

I giggled, Richard busted his ass to get me a new identity. I needed to be freed from my old life, and everyone that had been in it. He was like a guardian to me as well, kind of taking me under his wing. Not literally.

I watched him wipe his mouth with the back of his hand, his beard moved with the motion of his hand. My glasses, well fake glasses, moved down and I pushed them up to the bridge of my nose.

My hair was shorter, bleached and dyed, and I wore colored contacts. The new profile was a hell of a change, but I needed to lose everyone off my tail. My old life was fairly interesting, I saw death happen and met new people. Now I'm Alice, the girl with short auburn hair and blue eyes. Living with some roomie who is over obsessed in finding me a blind date, while having a friend who was in witness protection.

I sipped my own coffee, mindlessly staring out the window. I sat the cup down before taking another bite of my pancakes, the doorbell chimed and two people walked. I nearly choked on my pancakes when their identities hit me like a ton of bricks. Richard followed my eyes and looked taken aback from the two grown men that stood in the entry way.

"Samsquatch." I heard Richard mutter under his breath, still looking at them. I raised a brow at him before he looked at me, trying to make it oblivious he wasn't staring.

"Okay then." I said looking down at my pancakes, taking another bite. Richard was trying to play it cool that he didn't know the men in the diner.

His face twisted into a mischievous smirk and Richard snapped his fingers and the pancake I was slowly chewing were stuck in my windpipe. I glared with wide eyes as I choked on the dry food.

I coughed repeatedly trying to bring the piece up so I could get it down again. My face felt blue while I nearly suffocated on such a simple thing.

"Just a little longer." Richard whispered, watching the men and seeing their interest spark in me suffocating.

I reached for the coffee and began to down the contents trying to rid the pancake from my windpipe. It slid down into my stomach while I still coughed and felt like I was drowning in the hot liquid.

The taller man approached me while the shorter one still sat at their table looking concerned.

"Are you okay?" He questioned, hazel eyes full of curiosity.