Chapter 17: Bad Experience

~Dee's POV~

I've just woken up from a nap, and my baby boy is kicking like crazy just like his daddy.

"Give is a rest, LJ," I say as I go into the fridge to get myself something to eat.

The back door opens and my best friend Jack walks in.

"Hey beautiful," he smiles.

Me and Jack have been friends since Kindergarten and he lives a few doors away.

"How's the little kicker doing?" he smirks.

"Don't, he's beginning to cause me pain. How was the match?"

"We won eleven-five."

"Well done."

Mum walks in from the other room.

"I thought I heard voices," she smiles. "Hey Jack."

"Hey Ruth."

"How was the game?"

He repeats what he'd just told me. He's been playing a few away games since I got pregnant so hasn't been around much.

"You seen the mess my daughter has gotten herself into? This wouldn't have happened if you two were dating."

"Mum," I scold, getting a little embarrassed. If only she knew.

"So when's your next game?" mum asks.

"Next week so I'm gonna make the most of Dee while I'm here."

I smile at him before I take what I need from the fridge and start making me and him a sarnie.

I hear the front door open and presume it's dad but Deacon walks in.

"What the hell is he doing here?" he asks as he looks at Shaun.

"He's my best friend, he can be here whenever he wants," I say offensively.

"Best friend? Do you usually have sex with your best friends?"

I look at him in horror, then I look at mum.

"Who told you that?" I ask, looking back to Deacon.

"Does it matter? Is it true?"

"Yes but it was once, and we were on a break."

"Is that baby even mine?"

I don't say anything. I know the baby is Jack's because of the dates but nobody knew that except me.

"It can't be mine," Jack says. "We used protection."

I look at him, wondering why he's lying. We didn't use anything and I'm not on the Pill.

Without warning, Deacon punches Jack.

"Deacon," I scold but then Jack runs at Deacon and a fight breaks out. "Jack, please," I shout but they're really going at it.

"Boy, please," mum begs but Deacon grabs a knife and stabs Jack in the side which makes me scream. "I'm calling the police."

I watch in horror as Jack grabs the knife but instead of stabbing Deacon back, he throws it out of reach.

"PLEASE, STOP," I scream and that's when Bruno appears.

~Bruno's POV~

Since I'm in Seattle, I decided to go see my in laws even though Charles doesn't like me, but also to check on Dee too see how she was doing. I get to the house and knock on the door Ruth answers and her eyes widened.