Living With the Ferret

Hermione

After leaving the Great Hall, Hermione had a sinking feeling in her stomach  as she approached the staircase with her friends.  They all stopped walking and looked at her funny when she began to slow. 

"Okay something is seriously wrong with you today," Ginny accused.

"I'm just peeved off about having to share living quarters with Malfoy for the year instead of you guys.  That's all."

"So the ferret's your Head Boy then?" Ron aksed.

"Traitorous git," muttered Harry.  "If he gives you any trouble, just call us and we'll come.  Even if we're not together we've still got you."

"Thanks you all.  I'll be sure to give you the password once I've figured it out myself.  Please come and visit a lot.  And I promise to do the same.  God knows what could happen living with that git for so long.  I bet by Tuesday next week I'll have lost my mind."  Laughing, she hugged her friends and climbed up the staircase with them before parting ways at the top.  Here goes nothing, Hermione thought as she sucked in a deep breath of air.

.........

.........

Hermione rounded a corner of the fifth floor corridor, and nearly ran face first into that insufferable ferret.

"It's about time Granger.  I've been waiting in this drafty hall for ages.  What took you so long?"

"Well unlike you Malfoy, I have friends that actually enjoy my company.  And if you've been waiting here for so long then why didn't you just go into the dorms?"

"Our lovely portrait refuses to let me enter the common room without you present so we can both be recognized."  Hermione ignored the complaining boy next to her and approached the painting before her.  An old witch stared back at her. 

"Password?" she asked.  Hermione turned to Malfoy inquiringly.  He agitatedly sighed and then shoved Hermione aside before facing an astounded witch in front of him. 

"Let's see...how about we make it-"

"Glittering fairies" Hermione interrupted.  Malfoy stared back at her dumbfounded as she smiled back wickedly.  The portrait swung forward to allow them access and Draco watched as Hermione walked inside before him, all the while huffing under his breath.

Hermione was greeted by a large room before her.  A small staircase was directly ahead, and a spacious living room was laid out on her right.  A roaring fire was lit inside the grate already, courtesy of the house elves.  The decorations appeared to be a mix of both Gryffindor and Slytherin colors (which did NOT compliment each other).  A set of doors were set apart from the rest of the room at the top of the stairs.  They led to each occupant's separate rooms.

Yawning, Hermione dropped down onto the couch and decided to explore in the morning.  Draco just stared at her, rolled his eyes and returned to his room for the night.  And good riddance! Hermione thought.  I'll go to bed soon.  But this fire is just so warm...and I did have a long day.........a few.....minutes...can't hurt anything.....

Before she knew it, Hermione was sound asleep on the common room's couch as her new roommate explored the floor above.

Draco

Draco knew the exact minute that Hermione fell asleep.  The buzzing that had grown stronger faded to a gentle hum, and he felt that she was no longer conscious.  The veela part of him was happy.  His mate was content and therefore so was he.  Draco examined his new four poster bed and did not fail to notice the superior quality of the sheets than those of the Slytherin dormitories.  Good.  I only deserve the best.