Lucius Intercedes

Draco

"She's a mudblood!  How dare you bring her into the Manor as if she were worthy enough to be here in the first place!  NO son of mine shall be marrying a mudblood!  That Granger girl especially!  Your veela must be wrong.  I am certain that you have made a mistake.  You're too young, and you don't know what you're feeling.  Send her away!"  Lucius directed the last part of his outburst at the nearby house elves.  Terrified, they cowered before their master and bowed to do his bidding.

"NO father!  I know what I am feeling, and I know that I love Hermione!  I will not have my mate sent away from my home as if she were a form of common scum!"

"You dare talk back to me?  Well you shall see what sort of punishment ensues for you!"  The older wizard raised his hand to strike the younger boy.  He stopped a fraction of an inch away from the veela's face .  Sighing he asked, "Are you certain that she is the one?"  Draco smiled and nodded at his father's apparent change of heart. 

"She's my world now, and nothing you say or do will change that."

"Very well then.  I don't wish to see her for the remainder of her stay here in the manor.  And make sure that she doesn't go about wondering either.  If I were to find her, the consequences would be severe."  Growling, Draco agreed with his father's demand.  "You are dismissed."  The blond boy hurriedly left the study, as an angry fire burned passionately behind his father's eyes.  Best to stay far away from him for a while...

Draco made his way back to the front entryway where his mother stood with Hermione discussing ancient architecture.  He laughed.  Only Hermione would bond with my mother over the designs of my house.  At least mother seems to like her...  The older witch's beaming smile told Draco that he was correct in his assumption.

"You've got yourself a fine mate here!" she announced, causing Hermione to blush.  "For a while I was worried that you'd be stuck with someone awful.  Or fortune seeking.  Or that dreadful Parkinson witch."  At the mention of Pansy, Draco's eyes darkened and he snarled viciously.  His mother looked taken aback.  "Alright then.  I see I've hit a sore spot.  Draco why don't you and Hermione go get settled, and be back down here for dinner around six.  I doubt that your father will be joining us, but just in case, be prompt!"

"Thanks mum!  We will be!"  Grabbing Hermione in his arms, he told the house elves to take their things to their respective rooms.  With a pop the elves disappeared.

"It was nice meeting you Mrs. Malfo-"

"Darling call me Narcissa!  We will soon be family after all!"

"Okay!  Thank you very much for letting me stay in your home Narcissa!  It was very generous of you!"

"No problem at all dear!  Now you better cooperate, I think that Draco might just carry you all the way to your room, so it is probably best to stop struggling."  Sighing, Hermione stopped squirming in her captor's arms as she relaxed against his chest. 

"She's right you know," Draco cooed in her ear.  Hermione was too busy staring at the interior of the house to think of a clever retort.  Tall arched ceilings rose over her head.  Narrow windows at the far end of the room let in little natural light, that was made up for by a massive, crystal chandelier over her head.  The house itself was dark and creepy in nature, but Hermione was in awe at it's detail.

"Draco, you grew up here?" she pondered.

"Yes love, this is my home.  Welcome to Malfoy Manor.  And this, is where you'll be staying."  Draco pushed open a door that led directly into a room that dwarfed the one Hermione occupied at Hogwarts.  A large, king-sized four poster bed loomed off to her right.  Expensive linens and pillows were peeking out from behind a glorious maroon bedspread.  A fire burned in the hearth off to the left, a loveseat directly in front of the glowing blaze.  Hermione moved to one of the two doors she saw.  Upon twisting the cool, silver knob, she found herself in a grand bathroom!  A clawfoot tub large enough to house three people comfortably was just one of the main perks that it offered.  Draco smiled at the look of shock on Hermione's face.