Possessive

Hermione

Hermione awoke in a warm embrace after falling asleep briefly.  She looked up and found Draco absent-mindedly twirling her hair in between his fingers.  "Hey," she said.  "How long have I been asleep?"

"Only ten minutes.  It's just around nine thirty now." 

"I'm still mad at you for not telling me sooner.  Just so we're clear." Hermione straightened up to look into the silver eyes that greeted her.

"I'm well aware.  I can feel it."

"Good.  'Cause you're not getting off the hook so easily.  When classes start again tomorrow-"

"Hermione?" a tentative voice called in through the portrait.  "We brought you some food.  You weren't at dinner and we wanted to check on you."  Her three best friends filed in through the hole in their wall.  All at once their eyes settled on the pair encircled in each other's arms on the floor.  Ron's eyes wavered around the room and he noticed the broken dishes scattered about.  Worriedly he looked at Hermione.  She turned her head to face him and rose up from the ground.  Harry's eyes widened at the sight of the red handprint that was beginning to form on her face.

"Why you foul piece of-" Harry and Ron both marched up to Malfoy.  "Did you attack her?  What in the bloody hell possessed you to do such a thing?  Get your hands off of her!" The two boys grabbed Hermione roughly away from a confused Malfoy, and pulled her into their embrace.

"No, no, it's not like that!" Hermione stated. She tried to break free from the hold of her friends but couldn't manage to escape before she heard growling behind her.  "Ugh, here we go....Malfoy stop it!"  Hermione's words had no effect as she felt the blonde successfully pull her away from the pair of locking arms.

"Keep your hands off of her!" Ron screamed in protest, as Hermione was sheltered behind a visibly frantic veela.

"If you would just let me explain-"

"What is there to explain Hermione?  He touched you, and now you're hurt! End of story!" Harry shouted.

"'And another thing-"

"Just let Hermione explain!" Ginny screamed from where she had been frozen at the entrance.

"Thank you Ginny!"  Hermione moved around to face Draco.  His eyes had clouded over to a dark, steely gray.  He was still growling, and earning a puzzled look from the rest of those in the room.  "Draco, look at me.  I'm fine.  They're not going to touch me.  See?  Let's sit down and talk this out like rational people."  Hermione led the other four over to the couch.  Draco sat down and Hermione attempted to maneuver around him, but he pulled her down onto his lap.  She squealed and tried to extricate herself from his grip, but he refused to budge.  "You're impossible."  Giving up and turning to her friends, they all stared back at her with mixed expressions of shock, disgust, and confusion.  "Just let me explain."  Hermione launched into the tale, and when she was done, Draco was humming quietly behind her while Harry, Ron, and Ginny all had their mouths hanging open.

"You Gryffindors look even more stupid with those mouths of yours open.  Didn't anyone ever teach you to be civilized?" Draco asked of the three.  They scowled at him.  "Oh and one more thing; if you ever touch her again, you will have a very agitated veela on your hands.  Just so you're aware for future encounters."

Hermione rolled her eyes at him and waited for her friends' responses.  "Well?? Aren't you going to say anything?"

Ginny sighed and wearily stated, "Well I mean there's not exactly much that we could do.  Regardless of how much we want to.  And although I hate the ferret more than words can describe, I will make an effort on your behalf."