The Past Follows Everyone

A/N:   I AM SO SORRY THAT I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE!! I WAS HAVING WRITER'S BLOCK AND I DON'T KNOW WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE BUT PLEASE STAY WITH ME HERE WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 100 LIKES AND 1000 VIEWS!!!  YAY!!!

I never really edit anything before I post so if you see any errors let me know!  And I reread last chapter: SORRY I didn't realize how awful it was!! I'll try to make it up to you within the next few weeks!!  I know that I promised that this chapter would be longer, but writer's block prevented that from happening.  Sorry :P

JUST NEEDED TO RESTATE THE DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR PLACES WITHIN THIS STORY!  ALL ARE PROPERTY OF JK ROWLING!!!!

Hermione

Beams of sunlight filtered down through the dark, heavy drapes hung in front of the windowpanes.  A soft glow landed on Hermione.  She shifted slightly in the warm embrace of a strong set of arms.  Nuzzling her forehead closer towards the warmth, she was greeted by a familiar purring noise.  Grinning, Hermione smiled and opened her eyes to see Draco lying next to her.  With sleep still having its claim to him, he sighed softly.

"Can't we just stay like this forever?  My dad and your rats don't pose a problem!"  Hermione rolled her eyes at his blatant nickname for her boys. 

"Ron and Harry aren't doing anything wrong!" she protested.  "They're just worried about me!  All that they can tie you to is your old Death Eater status, and your family hasn't exactly welcomed me with great arms either.  They still think of you as their rival, and I think that they're jealous that I'm here with you instead of with them."

"Well, I would be jealous too.  You get to spend all your time with such a handsome hunk like me meanwhile they're stuck looking at each other for the rest of their days."  Hermione rolled her eyes and chuckled at the blonde.  

"You're full of it"

"But you love it," Draco countered.  Hermione shifted her arm and raised herself up on her elbow to get a better view of her mate.  His smirk faltered.  A gesture that Hermione did not fail to notice.  

"What are you pouting about now you big baby?"  Hermione looked thoughtfully at Draco as he tried to hide his slip up. 

"What do you mean, love?"

"Don't you start with me Draco Malfoy!  I know what I saw!  Spill!"

Draco sighed and cast his eyes downward.  He grabbed the edge of the comforter and moved to lift it off of himself in a effort to escape his girlfriend.  Hermione snatched at his arm, but his Quidditch reflexes were no match for her clumsy movements. 

Draco was halfway out of the room before he felt Hermione reach out and touch his shoulders.  "Draco.  I need you to talk to me.  Please.  What's wrong?"

Draco pulled away from her hand.  "You really shouldn't do this.  I shouldn't be here.  With you."

Hermione's face fell.  "So you changed your mind?  You don't want me anymore?"  The brunette's eyes glistened as she walked away from Draco.

Suddenly Draco had scooped up his mate in his arms.  She tried to pull out of his arms, but was stopped when Draco's hold tightened.  "Let's get one thing straight: I have not now, nor will I ever, change my mind.  You are my one and only.  Forever and always.  I am yours until you decide you're through with me.  And if telling you why I'm upset will make you understand this, then so be it."

Hermione's face remained a mask devoid of emotion.  Draco carried her over towards hearth.  A house elf had kept the fire ablaze throughout the night.  A warm glow greeted the pair as they settled into a cozy armchair.  Turning her head away from the blonde, Hermione remained stubborn.