Chapter 1

**A year later** (They have already married)

Keep A Heart

Chapter 1

"I don't want to be married just to be married. I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with." -Mary Ann Shaffer

Blair's POV:

I squeal as I dip a foot into the light pink paint, Harry's arms supporting me as I set it onto the newspapers that we had laid out together in front of the bedroom door, dipping my other one in. Harry tells me to wait a second as he turns to his left to the tub of light purple paint, setting his feet into it before setting them onto the newspaper beside mine.

I had stood in Home Depot for quite a while trying to find the perfect combination of colors for my idea, Harry patiently waiting and sometimes even putting in his opinion as I held up colors. We had ended up choosing light purple, light pink, and a light baby blue.

The perfect colors for a baby girl.

When we had chosen our new house straight after marrying, the only thing I hadn't liked about it is how plain the baby's soon to be room was. Harry told me that we could do whatever I wanted to do to make it perfect. So, we had torn the plain brown carpet out, and Harry himself had placed white aluminum flooring instead. And now, we are going to paint it ourselves. We had cleared every single thing out of the room, laying out newspaper in the hallway and in front of the doorways, paint tubs everywhere. One of Harry's old shirts covers my top half, laying softly over my seven month baby bump, and black tights on the bottom. Harry still has joggers on from this morning, and is shirtless.

"So just walk in and back out?" Harry asks me.

I nod my head with a smile, excited to begin the process of creating our baby girls bedroom. I want this room to radiate happiness, soft, calming colors everywhere, and cute baby things plastered on the walls. I tell Harry to go first, watching as he walks into the room, leaving a trail of purple feet marks in his path as he walks across the flat surface of white floors. A huge smile graces his face as he walks back to me.

"This is pretty cool." He admits.

"I told you it would be!" I exclaim.

I thought it would be a creative idea to mark our baby's floors with our footprints. "Okay, your turn." Harry tells me.

I walk to the other side of the room, my foot prints tiny compared to Harry's. When I retreat Harry dips his feet into the pink paint, and I the blue. We walk our separate ways, colorful footprints overlapping one another's as we repeat the process over and over again with all the colors. I laugh aloud as Harry takes giant steps across the room, a wide distance between each of his blue footprints. I run the opposite way, purple paint trailing behind me.

"Do you think that's good?" I ask Harry.

"Wait, I have an idea." He tells me excitedly, grabbing my hand to take me back to the door. He tells me to dip my foot into the pink, while he does his in blue. I curiously follow after him as we walk back into the room, watching as he turns his foot at an angle, pressing a blue foot print onto an open space of white in the corner of the room.

"Okay, now do yours next to it." He smiles softly, looking down to me. I noticed what he was doing, making a heart of our footprints. I hold his hand for balance as I stand on one leg, turning my foot at an opposite angle and pressing my heel to where Harrys was, the other half of the heart now pink.

"It's a crooked heart." I laugh, since my foot is smaller than his, one half is shorter. He shrugs his shoulders, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, his intertwined hands resting just above my baby bump.

"She's going to be perfect. I know it." He whispers, pressing a kiss to my jaw. My hand rests over my stomach, his breath tickling at my skin. I turn myself around in his arms, guiding him out of the room to let our floor creation dry.

"I want her to have your eyes." I inform him as we step onto the news paper. I giggle as I turn around, seeing him sitting down on the floor, patting the spot next to him in the hallway. I slowly lean down, Harrys arms helping me onto the floor.

"Why my eyes?" He asks curiously.

"Because, their beautiful." I smile, making him smirk.

"Well, then she should have your lips. Because they are even more beautiful." He tells me, leaning in to kiss me softly.

"Wait." His breath flutters over my lips, pulling away to sit criss crossed in front of me, leaning to his side to dip a long finger in the pink leftover paint. I lean against the wall as his finger lifts to my cheek, his eyes sparkling as his finger trails over my cheek. I could tell what he drew by the movement of his hand, a heart being drawn on my cheek. I repeat the action on him with blue paint, shielding my face as he digs out his phone.

"C'mon babe, let me take a picture." He tells me, trying to pry my hands from my face.

"But Harry you're going to post it. I'm in baggy old clothes, no makeup, and..." I trail off.

I've never let myself get pulled into the hate that the fans send me. I don't have a twitter, but I have an Instagram. I had one before Harry and I began to even talk all that time ago since Sadie had made me one, but I haven't had the guts to go on it ever since Harry and I started dating. I know the amount of followers I've gained will be by the thousands, but I don't really need those negative things in my life right now. I know some fans love me, but others don't because I've taken Harry away from them supposedly.

"Listen Blair, I don't care what they think. And you shouldn't either." He tells me, scooting to sit behind me, his legs on either side of my own, my back against his chest.

I eventually gave into his request, Harrys head tilted to the side and showing off his blue heart as he planted a kiss to my cheek which is plain, my pink heart being showed on the other as I closed my eyes, Harrys hair which tickles at my neck making my nose scrunch up in a laugh as he had happened to take the picture.

"See, perfect." He tells me, both arms wrapping round my body, his phone placed in his hands as he attaches the photo to twitter and Instagram, typing out the caption for me to see while his chin rests on my shoulder.

'Blair and I having fun while setting up our baby girls bedroom! Seven months down, two more to go!'

After helping him fix the things that he had spelled wrong he posts it, tucking his phone back into his pocket before giving me a squeeze, standing to his full height to help me up. He places his hands onto my shoulders as to make sure I don't fall over or something, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him.

"It amuses me as to how gentle you treat me because I'm pregnant." I tell him.

"I was always gentle with you!" He exclaims. It's true that he was, but it seems like he's even more now than before.

"I've just got to times it by two since you've got our little one in there." He tells me, pointing to my baby bump. I laugh aloud as he leans down by a great amount due to my small height to press a kiss to my belly, making me swat him away.

"Let's go wash our feet, and faces." I laugh, tugging him up to his full, looming height to drag him along with me.

By the time we had made it all the way to our bedroom the paint from the bottom of our feet had faded off onto the newspaper we had walked on, stains left on just the bottoms now. We sit at the edge of our bathtub, scrubbing at our feet and watching as the colored water washes down the drain, and then wash our faces. I don't complain as Harrys dries off my feet, insisting on carrying me to our bed.

"Harry it's only nine, I'm not tired." I laugh as he climbs in next to me, resting his head on the flat part of my chest just above my breasts. I put a hand into his mop of curls as he tugs the blanket over us, immediately feeling as comfortable as ever.

"You need you're rest." He tells me. My heart beats faster as he tugs a hand out from the bed sheets, resting it gently on my belly; he's grown accustomed to lying like this at night so he can do just this.

"What are we going to name her Blair?" Harry asks me, his thumb tracing mindless patters on my belly.

As any soon to be mom does, I had gone through so many baby names that my head had begun to hurt. But when Harry had sat down with me one day, we had browsed the Internet together. The very first name he saw he loved, and it made me smile at just how excited he had gotten over it, and that made me love the name just as much.

"I think Brynn."

My voice was calm and quiet, just like the bedroom. He lifts his head off my chest to look up to me, "Really?"

His eyes seemed to brighten up just at the mention of the name Brynn.

"I like it. Well, I love it actually." I tell him.

My body jolts with sparks as he lays his lips on mine, our joined lips moving in perfect sync with each others. He pulls away, resting his forehead on mine before leaning in again, pressing a heavy peck to my lips.

"So, Brynn it is?" He asks me, our lips inches apart, his breath fanning across my face.

"Brynn it is." I smile.

~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

AND THE STORY BEGINS

I hope you guys like it(:

Comment!

Vote!