Chapter 15

Keep A Heart

Chapter 15

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." -Oscar Wilde

Blair's POV:

I was right when I knew I wouldn't get much sleep. After only an hour of lying down in bed with Harry Brynn begins to cry, and I force myself to get up. Harry is a hard sleeper, so he never wakes when she cries. And I will feel bad if I tell him to go get her.

"Hey sweety." I coo as I lift Brynn from the crip.

After changing her diaper I begin to rock her to sleep again, a big yawn falling passed my lips.

Harrys POV:

I find it very odd that I can almost sense when Blair isn't in bed with me anymore. Every night I find myself searching for her with my hands, as if they knew she wasn't with me anymore. This happens almost every night because Brynn doesn't sleep through the night. I tiredly get out of bed and stumble down the hall. When I peek through the nursery door Blair is asleep with Brynn in her arms who is also fast asleep.

Even with how tired I am a smile forces it's way onto my face as I approach them. Brynn's short hair rests in messy curls upon her head, and Blair clutches onto her lovingly and protectively even in her sleep. I try and take Brynn from her arms without waking either of them, but Blair lets out a sigh as I gently take Brynn from her arms.

I chuckle softly as she looks up to me quickly, calming down once she sees it's me, rubbing her eyes tiredly as I rest Brynn back into her crib.

"Remember how much fun we had doing this?" Her voice floats through the room in a hushed tone, and I turn to look at her.

She gestures to the floor with our footprints on them. "Yeah." I smile. I look into the corner of the room where our footprints had created a heart, causing Blair to look in the same direction. She smiles too.

"Lets go back to bed." I tell her, holding out a hand for her to grab onto.

"How about I just stay here, I can't move." She laughs sleepily, resting her head back onto the chair.

"No, I need my pillow." I tell her, making her laugh softly. She begins to lift herself from the chair with a exhausted sigh.

And even though I'm terribly tired also, I pick her up off the floor, one hand underneath her legs and the other supporting her back. She smiles up at me for a second before resting her head onto my shoulder, already seeming to fall asleep even before I lay her down onto the bed.

**********

Blair's POV:

When I woke up in the morning Harrys body wasn't draped over mine like it usually is. The bed feels empty without him here, but I decide to stay anyways since I don't hear Brynn crying. So I tried to fall asleep, but that failed after a half hour of closing my eyes without drifting into unconsciousness.

I roll onto my back and look up at the ceiling, telling myself to get out of bed and go help Harry with whatever he's doing. He's probably trying to heat a bottle in the microwave for Brynn, or actually trying to feed her real food. But by my own selfishness I allow myself to stay in the warm sheets longer. When I shift over to Harrys side of the bed to be able to see the alarm clock on his nightstand, I see his phone sitting on his pillow with a piece of paper next to it.

'I added a new song to your playlist, it's an important one. Listen to it. -Harry xoxo'

I smile a little at the familiar way he writes his 'y's in a funky way before picking up his phone which already has earphones plugged into them. The whole time I unlocked his phone and clicked on my playlist the only thing I could think of is what could be so important about the new song he added on here. I impatiently put the earphones in and begin to click through the playlist. I skip past each song I had already listened to yesterday, which I had surprisingly liked until I come upon an unfamiliar one. The title of the song is labeled just as 'track'.

The song is slow, and the guitar cords are soothing and beautiful. I almost immediately stop breathing as I realize who had started to sing, Harrys voice playing in my ears in a soft, yet raspy, beautiful tone. I couldn't even concentrate what the lyrics were that he's singing, but my hearts beating fast with joy and happiness and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I rewind the song quickly and cuddle into the blankets further, turning up the volume to listen to the lyrics he wrote for me.

'I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around, but she takes it all for me.

And I lost my faith, in my darkest days, but she makes me want to believe.'

The happy tears have already formed by this point by the touching lyrics. These are the words he had been writing down on that worn out notepad each time I caught him out on the patio with his lip taken between his teeth in concentration, when I would find him in our bedroom in his boxers late at night after hanging out with Sadie, his hair messy just how I like it as he squinted at the paper.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the phone screen, watching the seconds of the song tick by and listening intently to his beautiful voice.

'They call her love, love, love, love, love. They call her love, love, love, love, love. She is love, and she is all I need.

She's all I need.

Well I had my ways, they were all in vain, But she waited patiently.

It was all the same, all my pride and shame, And she put me on my feet.

They call her love, love, love, love, love. They call her love, love, love, love, love. They call her love, love, love, love, love.

She is love, and she is all I need.

And when that world slows down, dear. And when those stars burn out, here.
Oh she'll be here, yes she'll be here,

They call her love, love, love, love, love. They call her love, love, love, love, love. They call her love, love, love, love. love.

She is love, and she is all I need,

She is love, and she is all I need.'

Right when the song ended and the next song that couldn't even compare to the one I had just listened to came on, I tug the earphones out of my ears and scramble out of bed as fast as my feet would allow me.

Harrys POV:

I had actually woken up to Brynn crying that morning, and was surprised as I saw it didn't stir Blair awake. She must have really be exhausted. So I got up and got Brynn from her crib at seven in the morning along with her stuffed elephant that she has become incredibly attatched to, and set her down in her baby swing so I could cook breakfast after feeding her a bottle.

The whole time I made the pancake batter I wondered if Blair had awoke yet and listened to my song, along with the whole time I stood in front of the stove flipping pancakes. I glance to the clock, seeing its 9:10.

"Mommys getting her sleep this morning, huh?" I basically talk to myself, glancing down to my daughter who has no idea what I just said who is still in her baby swing on the kitchen floor.

I notice the plastic seahorses that dangle over her head that are supposed to be spinning around are tangled together, and after fixing them I return to the stove and throw the pancakes which I had forgotten about into the trash can since they'd burnt and put new ones on. I'm getting a little better at this, I've only burnt three.

I jump and let out a startled sigh as a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind, knowing exactly who it is as she squeezes me tightly, her head rested against my back.

"That song is so beautiful Harry." Blair says quickly. Her grip on me is so tight that it was hard to turn around to face her.

Her dark hair is frizzy and sticking up around her face from sleeping, her dark blue eyes glazed over with tears. I know they are happy tears.

"You liked it?" I smile widely, hoping and praying she loved it. Because I put my whole heart, all my emotions that I couldn't quite know how to get out through speaking them aloud into it.

"I loved it Harry." She exasperates, winding her arms around me again. She squeezes me even harder than before, making me chuckle into her hair.

"I can't believe you wrote that for me." She laughs happily into my chest.

"And I can't believe I'm the first one to hear it." She adds on.

"Actually, that's not quite true. Brynn heard it before you." I tease.

She pulls away from me with a wide smile at the mention of Brynn, looking down to where she still is on the kitchen floor.

"You got to hear Mommy's song first?" She says in her adorable baby speaking voice as she crouches down in front of her baby swing, unbuckling her before taking her out, cradling her in her arms. I smile just at the sight.

"Did you feed her?" She asks me, a giddy smile still on her lips.

"Yes ma'am I did. And I'm making us breakfast." I smirk, quite proud of myself. But then I realize that the pancakes I had placed on there minutes ago before Blair came in are burning, quickly taking them off and tossing them.

"Husband of the year everyone! Writes me a song, gets the baby out of bed and feeds her, AND makes breakfast." She exclaims.

"A burnt breakfast may I add." She laughs.

I look over my shoulder to give her a false glare before turning off the stove, grabbing the plate of pancakes that are un-burnt before holding them out to her for evidence.

"Looks great." She tells me, rocking back and forth on her bare feet to bounce Brynn, her sweatpants hanging low on her hips and her tanktop riding up, revealing a strip of her creamy skin.

"Like I said, husband of the year."

I chuckle before placing the plate of pancakes on the kitchen table, moving Brynn's swing by the table so Blair can set her into it so we can eat. I grab two forks and syrup out of the cupboard before meeting Blair back in the kitchen.

"Oh, don't forget we told your dad we'd see him today." I remind her with a small smile.

"Oh yeah!" She says excitedly.

"You get to meet papa today!" She tells Brynn in a happy tone, making me smile happily.

*****

A few hours later we had cleaned the breakfast mess, Brynn miraculously sleeping as we did so. After getting ourselves ready and packing the diaper bag we had went out to the car to leave. After Blair buckled Brynn into her carseat in the back she tugged and pulled at the straps and buckles around her little body, saying she's just double checking for safety. When she did it once more I told her that was triple checking, and she shot me a glare before climbing out of the backseat and getting into the passengers side.

Fifteen minutes later we are checked into the hospital and walking down the hallway to her fathers room, the diaper bag hanging from one of my shoulders that Blair keeps insisting that she can carry, my other holding Brynn's carriage.

"I'm so excited for him to see her." She tells me, arms swinging at her sides as she walks.

"Me too." I tell her.

"Oh god, we didn't forget a blanket did we?" She asks me, glancing down to the diaper bag.

"Don't worry, I think you packed everything in the room." I tease her.

She glances up to me with a playful scowl and I chuckle. "I think I saw you put one in the side zipper." I tell her, laughing softly.

"Okay." She says.

A few more seconds passed and we had reached her dads room.

~~~~

Read my new story, I updated the first chapter!

- Early update for you guys! -

Song Harry wrote for Blair: She Is Love by Parachute