Chapter 2

Keep A Heart

Chapter 2

"Even when a river of tears courses through this body, the flame of love cannot be quenched." -Izumi Shikibu

Blair's POV:

The sound of something beating against Harry and I's bedroom widow makes my eyes flutter open, branches that sway in the wind tapping against the window.

I let out a tired sigh, Harrys arm that is wrapped tightly around my body bringing me needed warmth in the cold house. I silently lye in bed for a while, my hand in Harrys hair as his head is comfortably rested into the crook of my neck, his body basically lying halfway on top of mine. Once I knew I couldn't fall back into a blissful sleep, I start to plan how to get out of this mess of tangled sheets, and well, out of Harrys tangled limbs also.

Out of all the time we've been together there hasn't been one time where I've awoken, and Harry is on his side of the bed. Even when we are just lying in bed and trying to fall asleep he wants to cuddle. First I do the trickiest part of all, untangling my legs from his long ones. And next, I unwind his arm from my body, resting it gently onto the bed sheets. I thank God that he's a heavy sleeper as I shimmy my shoulder from under his head, scooting away from him until his head rests onto the pillow instead.

Once I'm out of bed I take a look at Harry, his hair a disheveled mess as a result of my hands running through it, his plump lips agape as he peacefully breaths in and out. I hold in a giggle as he lets out a little groan, his arm extending out to sleepily feel around the empty bed sheets for my warm body as he realizes my absence, settling for my abandoned pillow before snuggling it into his bare chest. I quietly exit the room, switching on the house lights as I walk. I enter our open living room, smiling as I peek out the big widows to see that it's raining. Harry had said he wanted the house to have lots of windows for me. I open up all the curtains, looking up at the grey clouds covering the sky above me.

Next I maneuver to the kitchen, getting a pot of coffee ready to brew. And once it's done, Harry still isn't awake so I pour just myself a cup, settling into the couch in the living room with my favorite book. The Fault In Our Stars.

The last time I read this book is when I was heartbroken over Harry, crying on my couch. I had only gotten past the first chapter, my coffee barely drank before I hear footsteps coming down the hallway. I look up from my book, a sleepy, smiling Harry entering our living room.

"Morning." He smiles, shuffling over to me to peck my lips.

"There's coffee in the kitchen." I tell him, watching as he nods his head and retreats to get his coffee. I lay my book down on the coffee table, grabbing a blanket and cuddling into the corner of the couch to wait for him.

**FLASHBACK**

My breath was shaky as we walked up the drive, Harrys reassuring squeeze to my hand making me turn worriedly to him. "Stop worrying, it will be great." He smiles.

"How would you know." I mutter, my eyes falling to the ground.

"I know, because I love you." I hear him tell me, making me laugh slightly.

"What has that got to do with it?" I giggle, peeking up at him.

"Because, if I love you they will love you." He shrugs. I huff out air from my cheeks.

"Blair, are you really that nervous?" Harry asks me, stopping in his tracks to face me. I shrug my shoulders softly, biting my lip.

"I don't know Harry, I've never done this before. Meeting a parent, or sister...." I trail off with a weak laugh. I was suddenly put a little at ease as he lifts his hand, resting it on my cheek; thumb extending to run over my bottom lip.

"Don't over think it." He smiles, making my lips tug up at the edges. His hand drops, taking a hold of mine again before we walk up the rest of the driveway.

I scoot further into Harrys side as he knocks on the door, feeling his thumb running over the top of my hand. The door swings open in a matter of seconds, a beautiful girl standing before us. Gemma. I gasp as she smiles widely, pulling me into her arms and away from Harry.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!" She squeals, making me break out of my shock and wrap my arms around her in return.

"Y-you too." I stutter with a laugh, smiling as she pulls away, holding me at arms length.

"Mum their here!" She calls over her shoulder before turning back to me.

"Gosh Harry, why'v you kept her away for so long huh? She's a pretty one." She winks to her little brother, making me blush a little.

I turn to Harry to see his fingers running over his lips, giving his sister a look. "Gemma." He complains.

"What? And goodness, your hair is curlier isn't it?" She asks him, her arms dropping from my body.

"I think his hair is bipolar." She tells me with a small giggle, making me laugh also.

"Mum! I said that they are here!!!!" She shouts louder over her shoulder, Harry taking the opportunity of her absence to pull me into him again. I can already tell that Gemma is a rambler and a big talker, but she seems very nice. Harry just seems embarrassed.

"Harry, our mother is going deaf." She sighs, turning around to trump away to a different part of the house to retrieve Anne.

Harry mutters something to himself, grabbing my hand to lead me into his house. All the memories of us, Sadie and the boys hanging out here rush to my mind, causing a smile to spread across my face.

"Oh, there she is!!" A new voice calls out, my body being pulled into another hug, but by his mother this time.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

"Mind if I sit?" Harry asks me with a smirk, tugging me from my memories. I shake my head with a smile, patting the spot next to me.

When he settles into the cushion I make myself more comfortable, turning my body so my legs are lying over his lap, my back leant against the arm rest for support. I let the blanket I had draped over me crumble into my lap, feeling a little too warm.

"Why'd you take if off? It's kinda cold." He says a little concerned, since usually I am always bundled up.

"I don't know, blame her." I tell him, pointing to my baby bump, which results in my hand resting over it.

He chuckles, realizing what I mean. With hormones and all, you can be cold one minute and sweating the next. Oh how wonderful pregnancy is. "You know, I've been thinking about middle names." I inform Harry, turning slightly to grasp my coffee cup from the side table.

"What do you have in mind?" He asks me, a large hand resting upon my leg.

"Clair." I smile softly.

"My moms name."

My idea seemed to bring a heartwarming smile to his face, "That's a great idea babe."

"I mean, only if you like it too." I tell him, my heart beat picking up a little as his hand trails up and down my leg.

"Anything you pick I'll love."

I laugh softly, a spurge of excitement bursting through me as I remember our little project from last night. "Oh! Lets go check out the room." I smile widely, waiting as Harry sets his coffee down, stands up, and helps me off the couch.

When we reach the bedroom our paint footprints are completely dried, the colorful colors spread all around the white floors. "We did pretty good." I nudge him.

"We did."

I sigh as he wraps his arms around me from behind, my body instantly relaxing into his touch. When his head leans down to rest into the crook of my neck I close my eyes, slowly breathing in and out as his soft lips flutter over my skin. I jump in place as I hear a knock on the door, Harrys actions coming to a halt.

"I bet I can tell you who that is." I giggle.

"I'll get it." He laughs, unwinding his arms from around my body to get the door. I wait for him to retrieve my best friend from the front door, gazing into our baby girls bedroom and picturing what it would be like to play in there with her.

"Hi!" Sadie's familiar voice chirps from the end of the hallway, making my head snap in her direction.

"Hey." I smile, putting my arms out to return her bear hug.

"And hello to you little one." She coos, pecking my baby bump. "You know, auntie Sadie is going to spoil you so rotten." She says as she leans down, making me laugh.

"And uncle Liam also!"

His voice made me jump in shock, but a smile plasters across my face as I see Liam standing in the opening of the hallway with Harry. "So you decided to tag along today Li?" I ask him.

"Can't miss out on all this fun." He smiles.

Sadie is always coming over, being bored all alone at our old shared house. Once she had finished her college course she dropped rent on her apartment, and moved back right before Harry and I moved into our new house. The other boys have been with their families, since they are taking a break from tour.

"Oh, look guys." I tell them, pointing to Brynn's soon to be bedroom.

Sadie peeks around the door frame first, a smile spreading across her lip-glossed lips as Liam comes from behind. "This is so cute!" Sadie exclaims.

"Agreed." Liam nods.

"Is it dry?" Sadie asks, walking into the room after I nod my head. She puts her sandaled foot on one of Harrys foot prints, giggling as its about half his size.

"Harry, can I call you big foot?" Sadie giggles.

"No!" Harry protests from down the hallway, pushing himself off the wall which he was leaning on to join all of us.

"But you can call Blair baby feet." Harry tells her, making my lips pout.

"You're feet are small Blair." Sadie agrees. She's two sizes bigger then me.

"I can't help it!" I tell her, arms crossed over my chest defensively.

"You've hurt the pregnant woman's feelings." Liam tells Sadie with a chuckle. I roll my eyes with a small laugh. What can I say; hormones.

"Have you guys chosen a name?" Liam asks, his eyes on Sadie as he watches her examine the room.

"Yeah, last night." I tell him, his gaze turning I me.

"What is it?" Sadie asks excitedly. She had tried to convince me to name her Gwen, after her favorite singer Gwen Stefani, which I had instantly denied. When Harry starts to speak up, I shush him by speaking myself.

"We're naming her Gwen Said, for you." I tell her, trying to keep a serious and genuine expression on my face. Harry seemed confused for a second, but then I think he got it. He had sat on the bed absentmindedly playing with my hair as I talked with Sadie on the phone about her wanting to name the baby Gwen.

"Are you serious?!" Sadie squeals.

"I knew you would come to you're senses! I knew it! She is the best of the best!" She exclaims, coming to stand in front of us.

When Harry bursts into laughter I roll my eyes, knowing that we are no longer under cover, a giddy smile crossing my face. "What? Why is he laughing?" Sadie questions me. Liam just looks confused.

"Guys really?" She pouts, crossing her arms over her chest like I had just done minutes before.

"Why'd you tell me that if its not true? I really wanted her to be named that! You know, to where I could even give her the nickname Gwen Stefani and everything." She frowns.

"Seriously Sadie, Gwen?" Harry chuckles. I don't know what makes him dislike the name, but he just does. He told me he thinks its 'odd'.

"You know what, when I have a child I will name her Gwen just to bug you!" She tells Harry, followed by a little laugh, her pouting exterior forming cracks.

"Go ahead and give you're child a weird name." He tells her with a hearty laugh, receiving a slap to the chest by Sadie.

"Keep you're claws to yourself!" Harry exclaims, referring to her accurlic nails which she always seems to love.

I back away from both of them as Harry grabs a hold of Sadie, shoving her head into his underarm, giving her a noogie on her head. Liam and I exchange glances, wandering if we should save Harry before he actually gets hurt, but shrug it off before turning back to the commotion.

I laugh at the new scene, Harry pinned to the wall, Sadie's arm bent at the elbow, pressing her forearm against his bare chest to keep him in place as he hold his hands up in surrender.

"Take it back." I hear Sadie say, Harry nodding his head.

"I take it back, Gwen is a beautiful, beautiful name." He tells her, exasperating his words which only makes her roll her eyes. She releases him, a happy smile on her face since she had won.

"Jesus." Harry mumbles under his breath.

_______

Authors Note:

I updated, yay!

Lots of you want to know who plays Blair, and the name is Emily Rudd, a beautiful model!:D

If you've forgotten Blair and Harrys songs for this story, well I'll tell them again!!

Harrys song: The Reason by Hoobastank.

Blair's song: Can't Help Falling In Love by Ingrid Michaelson (Elvis Presley) But I prefer Ingrid.

Read my other fanfics 'Hearbeat', 'Start It All Over Again', and 'Break Away'.

<33