Chapter 12

Keep A Heart

Chapter 12

"Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star." -E.E Cummings

Blair's POV:

Flashback~

I stand leaning against the counter top in the bathroom, bottom lip taken between my teeth as I stare down at the plastic held between my fingers, the blue positive sign staring back at me. I knew it was true. I took five. And they all said the same thing.

When I hear the sound of the front door closing echo throughout the house, I spin around, setting it down onto the counters along with the others. I run a pair of clammy hands through my hair to compose myself, and exit the bathroom. I hear his footsteps padding down the hallway, flopping down onto the bed quickly, sitting criss crossed against the headboard and grabbing a stray magazine off the duvet, opening it to a page and propping it up on my legs.

Harrys head pokes into the bedroom to see if this is where I am, and a smile graces his face when he sees I'm here. "Hey." He smiles, waltzing into the room.

"Hi, how was your day?" I ask, trying to remain cool and most of all, calm.

"Great, the boys and I got another song recorded...."

I didn't really concentrate on what he was saying if I'm being honest. My mind was running wild and going in all different paths, and I couldn't stop myself from keeping it inside.

"Harry, I've got to tell you something."

He was still in the middle of talking about his day when I'd interrupted him. He raises his eyebrows, setting his jacket that he had taken off on the bedside before sitting in front of me, noticing my nervous exterior.

"Is it your dad babe? Is he okay?" He asks me softly, concern laced in his words.

"No no, he's fine." I say instantly.

He waited patiently for me to speak up about what I wanted to say, and I huff air out from my cheeks.

"Today I realized I was late." I murmur.

He didn't seem to catch on, so I kept explaining.

"Two weeks late actually, and thats never happened before. So I went to the drug store and bought a-"

"A...pregnancy test?" Harry finishes my sentence knowingly.

I nod my head slowly, rising from the bed. "Hey wait, where are you going?" Harry gushes.

I walk into the bathroom, retrieving one of the pregnancy tests before padding back out. Harrys eyes glance down to what I hold in my hands, and when I reach him, I hand it out to him.

The plastic stick looked much smaller in his palm, green orbs locked on the positive sign below him.

"That means that-"

"That I'm pregnant." I laugh shakily. Unbelievably.

He stared down at it for a while, and I bit my lip anxiously as I waited for him to say something, anything. But then I see his full lips pull up at the corners, like everything made sense in his mind as he glanced to my belly for a brief second, meeting my eyes straight after.

"This is great, baby." He breaths out, legs straightening out to get off the bed, leaving the plastic stick on the duvet.

"I mean, this wasn't planned." I laugh nervously.

"That doesn't matter." He tells me, hands being placed on either side of my face.

"And you're sure its right?" He asks me.

"I took five." I inform him, my cheeks heating as he laughs heartily. Plump lips press to my forehead, and I let out a happy laugh as his large palm rests upon my stomach.

After a moment of peaceful silence, my head rested against his chest, arms wrapped tightly around me, I feel his chest vibrate from beneath me, causing me to look up at him.

"Did you really take five?" He chuckles.

I glare at him jokingly, backing away from him, palms pressing against his chest to create distance between us.

"No no, love, I'm kidding." Harry laughs wholeheartedly, the kind of laugh that makes a smile take over his face, his shoulders shaking with laughter.

And just as it always does, it caused me to laugh along with him.

End of flashback~

I woke up alone. I didn't like the feeling the slightest bit, and wondered where Harry was as I heaved myself out of bed. On the way out of the room I tugged one of Harrys shirts over my head to cover some of my exposed skin. Don't want people to see me in my underwear do I?

I ended up finding him on the patio once again, this time without a guitar perched on his knee, but the notepad held between his long fingers as he lays on the couch. Bare chest revealed, sweat pants hung low on his hips. When I open the slider door the cool air nips at my skin, and I wondered how Harry handled being half naked out here.

"Morning." I poke my head out the door, a small smile on his lips as he looks up from the notepad to me.

"Good morning lovely." He tells me. He gestured for me to come outside to him with an index finger.

My bare feet pad across the wooden patio floors as I make my way over to him. He sets the notepad face down as I settle onto the couch beside him. The notepad which has lyrics written for me on them.

"I didn't like waking up alone." I inform him, snuggling into his welcoming side as he drapes an arm around me.

"Sorry, I just felt like working on your song."

When he said the words 'your song' my heart felt like it melted inside my chest.

"Am I allowed to hear any of it? Even peek at the lyrics?" I ask him, index finger trailing down his chest and back up as I ask the question. I felt the goosebumps raise upon his arms. But I knew it wasn't from the chilly weather out here. He didn't say anything for a minute or two, so I took it as a sign he wanted to keep it a secret until it was completely finished. I understood though, remaining in his arms to enjoy the cloudy weather.

"It was all the same, all my pride and shame, and she put me on my feet." Harry speaks.

I laugh confusedly, looking up to him. "What?" I ask.

"That's a line of the song." He tells me.

A smile forms on my lips, and I intertwine my legs with his. "Say it again?" I ask him. I didn't quite listen to what he said before, confused as to what he was talking about.

"It was all the same, all my pride and shame, and she put me on my feet." He spoke the words slowly and perfectly. It made my heart swell that he had thought of those words himself. That he had taken his time to think of them, and to actually write them down on paper.

"And that's true?" I murmur.

"It's true."

I smile to myself, before nuzzling my head into his chest.

******

Harrys POV:

I sat and held Brynn, eyes fixed on her like they have been since I picked her up from the crib. She's asleep, but I still can't help but try and make out every detail of her relaxed features. Everything about her reminds me of Blair. It's just like when Blair falls asleep on me, and I study her soft face, and the way her eyebrows crease in a cute manner as she sleeps. Blair sits beside me, sending quick texts to Sadie every now and then to plan a day for all of us to get together again; but besides that, talking to me in a hushed tone as to not awake Brynn.

"I've never seen her sleep so well."

The voice of Brynns nurse makes Blair and I jump a little in our seats, my hold on Brynn tightening the slightest bit before I relax.

"What do you mean?" Blair asks, eyes trailing after the woman as she walks up to Brynns hospital bed, newly washed sheets in her arms to replace the old ones.

"She usually wrestles alot in her sleep, but whenever I see her asleep in either of your guys's arms she's fast asleep." She informs us, looking over her shoulder to send us a small smile.

"She looks like you, you know." She tells Blair.

Blair's eyes shift down to Brynn as she mutters a happy, "I know."

"But she's got her daddy's hair I see." She laughs softly. I chuckle, nodding my head in confirmation.

"Look guys, I'm probably not supposed to be the one to tell you this, but I think you get to bring her home soon."

"Are you serious?" Blair gushes happily, a wide smile plastering my face from the news.

"I've been peeking at her files every now and then. It could be some time this week, tomorrow even."

And in that moment as Blair grasped my hand, and Brynn still lays alseep in my arms, I knew things couldn't get any better.

"You get to come home soon, baby girl." Blair coos, her thumb running over Brynns little hand.

~~~~

Authors Note:

I KNOW IT'S SHORT AND I FEEL TERRIBLE ABOUT THAT:(

But I hope you enjoy the update anyways, comment, and please please vote:)