Chapter 17

Fix A Heart

Chapter 17

"Our hands were meant to hold each other, fearlessly and forever." -Blaine Anderson

Harrys POV:

1 Week Later

I tip toed out of the bedroom early and got Brynn from bed, attempting to feed her that gross ass baby food, which ended up not in her mouth but on her tray. After cleaning her up and changing her diaper I peek into the bedroom to check on Blair, seeing her head still buried into her fluffy pillow just like when I left her.

Brynn started kicking her feet excitedly at the sight of her, my grip on her tightening a bit to hold her to my hip better. "Mummy is sleeping." I whisper.

I walk back down the hall, deciding to sit down in the living room and flick on some cartoons for the high energied little girl that I've got on my hands right now. I rest her against my chest, holding her chubby legs still with a palm rested upon them so she won't kick. She settles on clapping her hands in front of her, which has a decent amount of slobber on them from being stuck in her mouth moments before.

I hear a sound coming from the hallway, and turn to see Blair peeking around the corner to check and see if this is where she would find us. "Morning." She smiles a small smile.

"Good morning." I pat the spot on the couch next to me for her to come sit, and when she does she brings her knees to her chest and leans into my side.

"Good morning baby girl." Blair says softly, reaching out to touch Brynn's cheek. She laughs tiredly as Brynn attempts to crawl over to her, but it was more like just putting her arms out and falling into her.

"Woah." Blair laughs, her hands lifting Brynn gently from under her arms, putting her legs down a bit to make room to set Brynn in her lap.

"I woke up to Sadie calling." She informs me, looking up to me.

Her cheeks are a little pink, I assume from sleeping. "Oh, what'd she want?"

"She wants us to come up and see her since Liam is. She said the boys might be able to come too." She says.

"That'd be nice." I answer.

Brynn calms in Blair's arms, simply resting against her chest and sucking on her hands again.

"I think she may be starting to teeth." Blair tells me, eyes fixed on Brynn's fingers in her mouth.

"You gunna start getting some teeth Brynn?" I ask in a softer tone than my usual one, long fingers reaching out to gently tickle at her sides. When she laughs Blair and I smile, growing accustomed to the beautiful sound. She's begun to laugh at everything.

"Do we need to start getting ready?" I ask.

"Yeah, we can get a early start." She speaks.

"Oh, and I'm still waiting for a call back from my dads nurse about taking him out some time."

At the mention of her dad, the smile slips off my face, the usual guilt I feel for not informing Blair on her dads condition settling into my chest.

*****

An hour later we had packed all the possible crap that we could possibly need for Brynn into a diaper bag and shoved it into the car. Blair hands Brynn to me, saying she needs to run inside to get her purse and for me to put Brynn in her carseat. I hold her on my hip, smiling at how Blair had dressed her. She's wearing a white onesie with pink little sweats, white socks, and a fluffy pink jacket to keep her warm. I set her in the seat and am careful not to pinch her while buckling her in. I remember when I had laughed at Blair for tugging at the straps to make sure they were secure as I do the exact same thing.

Blair walks out of the house, her dark hair blowing around her face as she hurries to the car. "I'm sorry, it was hard to find because it was under a pile of clothes on our bedroom floor." She tells me with a laugh as she settles into her seat, rubbing her hands together for warmth.

"Its fine." I tell her with a smile, turning the key to start the car before reaching over to grab one of her hands.

"Their like ice cubes." I chuckle, concealing her hand in mine.

"I like it though." She tells me, leaning over in her seat to bury her head into my shoulder as well as her hand which is not holding mine slipping underneath my jacket.

I keep my eyes on the road as she warms herself, little hairs that had escaped from her beanie tickling at my cheek. I jump in my seat as she slips her hand underneath my t-shirt, her hand freezing against my warm skin.

I hear her muffled laugh against my shoulder and turn only a little to see her when she looks up, her blue eyes holding a mischievous glint.

"That was really cold." I chuckle.

She giggles and returns to her side of the seat and turns to check on Brynn. "She's sleeping already." She tells me.

She then digs into the center concle, pulling out a cord to connect to the radio so she can play music off her phone. "No Christmas music." I instantly say, glancing over to her and chuckling when I see her pouted lips.

"It's only mid-November!" I exclaim.

"It's never too early for Christmas Cheer Harry!" She exclaims in an over dramatically cheerful voice. I laugh at her and she shakes her head, proceeding to search for a song she would like to play.

When she tugs the cord out of her phone and asks for mine I hand it over. "You don't like any of my music anyways." She mutters. I glance at the screen every now and then and see she chooses the playlist I had made for her.

She sets the phone in her lap as the music starts to play softly in the car. It's peaceful and enjoyable to be in the car with Blair with our baby sleeping in the backseat. When I glance at Blair every now and then she is looking out her window, and I smile when I see her start to sing along to the music that I had knew she would like when I made this playlist. My ears perk up when I actually begin to hear her voice as she sings, straining to hear it better. She's actually not too bad, her voice soft and pretty as she absentmindedly sings along.

"You're not half bad, love." I inform her.

She looks over to me, "Oh shush, you told me that you can hear me sing while I'm in the shower and teased me!" She laughs.

"But you weren't actually even trying." I argue.

"Well you can't sing an dance at the same time, it's kind of hard." I can tell she's avoiding the compliment of her having a nice voice, but I laugh aloud.

"You dance in the shower?" I tease her questioningly.

"Yes! What's wrong with that!"

"Oh, I need to see you dance." I laugh.

"No, you don't actually." She remarks.

"I bet it would be funny." I tease her further, even though I have no idea if she can dance or not. But I would really like to find out.

"I can dance okay! But you, cannot! And you know you can't!" I couldn't even deny what she had said, so instead I reached over and hooked my arm around her, pulling her head down to my chest to scruff her hair just like she hates.

"Okay, stop!" She laughs, hitting at my chest as I stop at a stoplight.

"Okay okay." I say, releasing my arm so she can sit up. A smile crosses her face as she looks at me, and it wasnt until a couple seconds later that I hear the song I had written for her playing in the car.

She leans over and pecks my lips, pulling back to only say, "It's green." With a giggle. I press on the gas to begin driving again, my hand being swatted away as I try and grab the phone to change the song.

"It's weird to hear myself." I chuckle.

"Leave it." She tells me. I realize she has already learned all the words, singing along with it but quiet enough so I cannot hear her voice. I'm guessing on purpose.

"I still want to see if you can dance."

And at that she reached over and slaps my chest.

"Stop abusing me in front of our daughter!"

And at that, she laughs loudly, causing me to chuckle heartily.

~~~~~

I know this isn't a long chapter and I haven't updated for a while, but I really hope you enjoyed it:) comment and vote!<3

And please read my fanfic heartbeat:)