Where I Belong

I was readying my potion book for this year. No-one else was in this compartment and if I wanted to not stand out much I better not be a completely hopeless. A couple of minutes past by and soon I heard the compartment door slide open.

"Well, well, well. what do we have here?"

"I don't know Fred but I don't like the look of it."

I looked up to who was talking already knowing who was there. It was Fred and George. A small smile plagued my lips. I couldn't help it. I wasn't sure what it was about these twins but when I'm arround them something stirs inside of me.

"I think she need a friend. What do you think, George?"

"I think you're right Fred." They both jumped in. Fred sitting next to me and George sitting across from me.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, slighly confused.

"Keeping you company." They said together.

"Why?" I asked, confused in why they'de want to be around me.

"Because Miss Riddle-" Fred started. "we think you need a friend." George finished.

I tried to asked how they knew my name and why they would stay around me than.

"We overheard a conversation and we couldn't care less." Fred said.

"Anyway, we need a bad inflorence. Have you seen the rest of our family." George said with a warm smile.

"Please don't call me that around other people. They're not to know." I pleaded.

"Cross our hearts." They said together.

This made me smile both outwards and inwards. I think I'll get along quite nice with these two.

"What are you walking about? Me a bad inflorence? What about you two?" I said, my smile even growing.

~a couple of hours later~

"Miss Edwrds please come this way." Said an older lady in robes with her hair in a tight bun.

That was me, at least my make up name, Selena Edwards. She took me to into an offices. It looked nothing like a muggle office. There was a stall in there and on that stall was an old hat.

"I'm Professor McGonagall, I teach Transfiguration and am head of Gryffindor. You will be placed into one of four houses. The houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Ravenclaw." She picked up the hat off the stall. "Please sit."

I walked towards the stall and sat down. I felt the hat be paced on my head.

"Ah, Desendant of Slytherin, he-who-must-not-be-named had a daughter. But you're not going by that name. Soo very secritive. Where to put you. Not Gryffindor, not Hufflepuff. You're quite smart, ambitious. But it'll have to be." It took what seemed to be a breath and than yelled out, "Slytherin."

This did not surprise me much but I was still hoping to be with the twins.

The hat got took  off my head and I stood up from the stall. I looked down at my school robes and found them to have emerald green on it and a chrest with a snake on it. This must be Slytherin's robes.

"You will follow me to the Great Hall and sit down with your fellow Slytherin's. The table will be on the far left from whn we enter." With that she walked towards the door and I followed her.

I walked down many stairs. Some even moved. What strange things you could do with magic. We ad finlly aarrived to the hall. I looked around and found the twins. They were waving to me. I didn't wave back though, instead I talked to the other side of the hall from them. This is where I belonged now. My father was right.

I sat down at the end of the table not wanting to intrude with anyone else.

"Hey you." I turned towards where the voice was coming from.

It was a girl that had the features of a Pug.

"Yes?"

"I haven't seen you around her before. Are you new?" She said with a fake smile.

"Yes, I transfered." I said, smiling trying to be polite.

"I'm Parkinson, Pansy Parkinson." She said.

"Selena Edwards." I said shaking her hand.

"Edwards, never heard of them." Said another voice.

I tried looking where it came from and my eyes landed on a boy. He looked ruffly around my age. He had Platnuim blonde hair and haunting grey eyes. I had a good idea who he was. He looked just like Lucius Malfoy and if I was correct, then this was Draco Malfoy.

"We're not a very well known family." I said softly back.

He seemed the look me up and down, assessing me. It made we very uncomfortable. I shifted in my seat slightly and is eyes then met mine. He looked at me, almost like me was trying to figure something out.

"You look familiar." He said in an arrogent way.

I gulped and knew he was onto me.

"I have one of those faces." I was hoping my voice didn't betray me because I knew my nervous smile did.

"No you don't." He said quite straight forwards to me.

"Well I don't know you." I lied right back at him.

"How rude of me. The names Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said, a giant smirk on his face and brought his hand out for me to shank.

I shook his hand.

"Sel-"

"I know your name." He butted in.

I pulled my hand back away smiling an awkward and then looking around the rest of the room. Soon young boys and girls walked into the room and got placed into houses. No-one around me really paid attention unless Slytherin got shouted and then they'd clap but go back to their conversations not not after.

Food was out not long after. I ate what looked like a soup though I was not sure what flavour soup it was. I had a punkin pastry and then I was done.

After a speech from a toad like lady in a pink outfit we all left to go to a place called the common room.

"Potter's finally going to get what he deserves this year." I heard Draco sneer with a couple of other Slytherin's. All blind followers.

"What do you think Selena." Draco called out to me sitting in a armchair like he owned the place.

"I think you should call me Edwards and I don't care for anything involving you and Potter." I said with a straight face but a small smirk slipped my faceade.

"Excuse me." He sneered at me.

I got up walked towards where the girls rooms would be.

"You heard me." I said and then left.

I walked into the room I was in with two other girls. I had to share with Pancy Parkinson and a girl called Daphne Greengrass.

I went over to where my bed was and laid down on the emerald green sheets. I didn't know how I was going to survie here. I didn't really have any friends besides the twins. I couldn't be friends with the twins anymore. It had fnally dawned on me. I had to stop being selfish and not only care about my happiness. I had to think about theirs. My father would kill them both in an instance if he knew I cared about them. I had to be careful about what I did now. I would have to be alone, go under the raider. This is where I belonged now. I couldn't belong anywhere where else.

~*~

So I wasn't about to update but than I though screw it. I don't want to let this book go.

Also I want to thank anyone who has read this book. It now has 4K reads and that more than I ever expected for a finished book. Anyway I know it's not a long chapter but it's something.