Folded Paper

The weeks went by slowly and what seemed like a year had only been three weeks. The twins tried to get my attention for the first two weeks but I've seen nothing of them since. I sat down at our table in the great hall by myself. I had a slice of toast on my plate but after ten minutes I still hadn't touched it. I heard someone sit down next to me. I went to take a look and once I saw him and groaned internally.

"So Selena Edwards. How is your family?" His normally arrogant voice chimed.

I decided to ignore him, hoping e'd get bored and just leave to find someone else to ignore. Luck just was not with me this mourning.

"Sent a letter to father about your family. Our father's are quiet good friends yet the Edwards only had one child and that was a boy who finished school a while back. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

"Next thing you'll be telling me Malfoy is that your bedroom has photos of me all over the wall." i replied back.

"Wouldn't you love that." He sneered. "Now answer my question."

"Look I don't know what you're talking about. My family are quite reserved and we've never been in contact with your family so it must be another Edwards you're talking about. You'll find that the name's quite common." I said with a sickly sweet smile.

"Than this wouldn't happen to know what this would be about, would you?" He asked holding something towards me.

I took hold of the folded piece of paper and I slowly opened it. It was a photo of me with my real name at the bottom. I took a deep breath in through my nose and looked right back at him.

"Is this a joke? I said you'd have photo's of me."

"This is no joke Edwards. We wouldn't want anyone else to find out now would we?"

I let my eyes lock with his grey ones, dreading what the smirk on his face could lead to.

"Look I don't know what your talking about. I think-"

"Don't play the fool with me." Malfoy cut me off. "You do a favour for me and this photo-" He snatched the photo out of my hands "becomes something of a secret. So what do you say Edwards? Do we have ourselves a deal?"

I looked away from his eyes and down to my toast which I knew I wouldn't be eating this mourning.

"Wouldn't want your friends finding out over there now would be."

I looked over to where he was looking and saw Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and the twins.

"They're not my friends." I spat at him.

"Then you wouldn't care if I accidentally dropped this over there, would you?" Each word he said cut through me.

I didn't want anyone knowing. "You have yourself a deal Malfoy." I said in a weak whisper, hating myself for being so weak.

"Well come one." He said getting up.

"Now?" I didn't want to do anything today, we had no classes, it was Sunday and the last thing I wanted to do was spend my day off with him.

"Yes now."

I groaned a bit before getting up and following him. I let my eyes wonder to the Gryffindor table before leaving and knew it was my second mistake today because when I looked over, my eyes caught two Weasleys.

~*~

"Where are we going" I said after travelling up the third set of staircases.

"You'll see." He said still walking. We came up to the seventh floor corridor and he continued walking.