// Nine // Third Person POV //

It had been a few days since the rogues attacked. Things had mostly calmed down, though Kylo was still on edge. With Snokes, General Hux, and Captain Phasma all breathing down his neck for something to be done in retaliation, and his own current battle still raging within himself that Snokes somehow hadn't sniffed out, Kylo was ready to blow like a volcano, singeing anyone in the path before him and his storm.

His wounds weren't as bad as before, thanks to the quick handywork of Maiya whom he still hadn't properly thanked. In fact, he'd only seen her once since then and it was a brief moment as he came to retrieve something. She was restless, and he could see the hurt written all over her face that he'd avoided her. She was just sure something had happened, and he was distancing himself before her execution.

But that wasn't the case. He was avoiding her to keep her safe. He knew very well he threw tantrums like a child; he had no emotional control. Something he could never get a firm grasp on, and sometimes he resented the things that stood in the way of his peace. He'd never have that, but it was far too late to change course. Besides, to change would be to give up such great power. And really, that's all he wanted... Wasn't it?

Kylo rubbed his eyes before putting his helmet back on and leaving the currently vacant security room. Soon enough a new Storm Trooper would be there to take over their job of security.

With a better sense of things, a grip on his emotions as best as he could have it, he knew it was time to return to his room, return to the emotionally wounded girl he'd rescued, who in turn had rescued him.

He took a deep breath and stepped inside of his room. He looked around, seeing no trace of her. Just as a form of panic gripped his chest, he noticed a bundle under the covers that seemed a little too peculiar for pillows. He carefully walked over and pulled the sheets back to reveal Maiya, curled up in a ball, eyes shut. Her long platinum hair was splattered around her, a tangle of curls and waves. Red dots scattered around her darkened eyes, a dark stain down her cheeks. She'd been crying. A lot, by the looks of it...

Her breathing shallow like that of someone in a deep sleep, guilt pierced Kylo for the first time. He hadn't stopped to think how his absence would affect her, despite the well intended reasoning. She was far more crippled in ways he hadn't stopped to consider, much like himself and more. How could he have left her alone without any word of why?

He quietly fell into the chair beside the bed as he took his helmet off and sat it down on the floor near the chair, a quiet thud echoing around the room. He pushed the heels of his hands into his eyes as exhaustion drained away what little life he had left, emotions begging to spew and rip the furniture in two.

But the sound of a quiet, solemn voice saying, "Kylo?" was enough to bring him back.
He slowly rubbed his hands down his face and looked over to his right at the bed where Maiya now sat up slightly.

His heart nearly broke at the clearer, broken sight before him. Her usually unnerving, gutwrenching cerulean blue eyes were now darker with shades of fear, worry, and distress; a shade of red filling the white around them. She had dark bags under her eyes, making her look like a shell of something once beautiful.

She was still beautiful, but now she looked as broken as she was. As he felt.

"Hey there, gorgeous," he whispered hoarsely, his voice cracking from the pain in his throat. His screaming fits of rage the past two and a half days hadn't done him too well.

She sat up fully, rubbing her eyes to adjust to the surrounds, and wipe the sleep away.

"Where were you?"