Baby you're not lost

December 28th, 2010 2:20 pm

Walking through the door, she threw her keys on the table before hanging her head. She knew it was a bad idea to go and meet him but her heart led her to the designated place. Her best friend had warned her of him but her heart was in the driver's seat and she couldn't do anything about it.

Seeing the picture of the two of them together caused a lone tear to fall down her face. She made a promise to herself that she wasn't going to cry over the heartache. She was stronger than that and the thought alone brought little relief to the situation.

Before her mind could catch up, the picture was hurling through the air and crashed against the wall with a thunderous bang. The tears fell from her pretty green eyes as she realized what had been destroyed.

The shrill ring of the phone brought more tears to her eyes. She just wanted to be alone but the outside world was interfering. The answer machine beeped before a voice, so familiar and comforting, came over the line.

"Y/N, I know you're there . . . come on and pick up the phone." His voice rang out clear over the machine.

Hearing his heavy breathing, the tears continued to pour steadily down her face. "Come on Y/N. . . don't shut me out. Answer the damn phone."

Taking a couple of steps closer to the answering machine she waited. He took a deep breath before speaking again. "All right . . . I'm coming over. Unlock the door and I'll be there in a few minutes."

A heavy sob choked in her throat as she glanced towards the door. The lock was turned towards the left signaling it was unlocked. Making her way to the wall, she slid down holding her head in her hands.

Thinking back on the last few months, it had all started going downhill once her former boyfriend figured out who her best friend was. Ryan, her former lover, started limiting her time spent with her best friend and his family. He started becoming possessive and controlling. Her best friend had warned her of Ryan but her heart led the direction, ignoring the caution from her friend.

And now he was coming over. She knew the words 'I told you so' would be thrown around as well as the comfort she didn't deserve. Her best friend would wrap in her a security driven hug and comforted her in her time of need. His patience and understanding would calm her down.

He would be there for her, no matter what.

The door creaked open as she looked up at him. More tears fell from her eyes as he closed the door behind him. His long strides carried him across the floor before he was by her side. Her eyes never left his as he slid down the wall and sat beside her.

"Y/N. . ." Just the sound of her name passing through his lips caused her to breakdown once again.

A second passed before his arms were wrapped around her, bringing her to sit on his lap. She buried her face in his chest as she wept while his fingers trailed up and down her spine. He cooed comforting words in her ear as she sobbed.

Pushing back, she wiped her eyes before shaking her head. "I'm a mess."

"You're gorgeous, Y/F/N(Your full name). Why don't you go wash your face and we'll watch a movie?" He suggested as she quickly nodded her head.

Shakily, she stood and walked up the stairs before going into the bathroom. Quickly, she splashed cold water on her face before drying it off with a towel. Changing into sweatpants and a hoodie, she took her hair out of her ponytail before walking back downstairs.

Liam had made popcorn, with extra butter, and grabbed orange sodas out of the fridge. He made his home on the couch while holding the remote waiting for her. "Feeling better?"