Chapter 2

Chapter 2: (edited)

I awoke to my alarm beeping in the morning. I groaned not wanting to get up, but I know what father would say if I didn’t. I stretched and yawned tiredly. Ribbing my eyes, yesterday’s memories replayed in my mind. urge! Why do I have to sacrifice my happiness and love life just for him. a spoilt, unworthy, rich boy?

Yes, he was good-looking, yes he was rich, and yes he looked smart. But honestly, why do I have to marry someone who I know wouldn’t even give me the time of day? I love my parents and id do anything for them, even if it meant killing myself, but surely they would put my happiness before theirs?

I got off the bed as my feet came into contact with the cold wooden floor. I padded to the bathroom, slowly and shut the door behind me. would father really listen to me this time round? Would he reconsider this decision?

I walked down the small flight of stairs and came into view with the dining table, where breakfast had been served. Mom was preparing food, while dad sipped off his morning coffee while reading the newspaper.

“Felicia honey, you’re up? quick sit down and let me serve you/” mom said. usually I would deny and do it myself, but right now I had to talk to him. I had to convince my father.

I cleared my throat and he continued to read. I let out a sigh of annoyance did he hear me and ignore me? “if you have something to say, speak.” He muttered from behind the newspaper. I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face. Forced might I add. “dad, I wonder if you would reconsider this idea of marriage between the two of us.” I asked.

Right then mom froze in the kitchen and dad put down his newspaper and looked at me, with a hard glare. I shrunk in my seat and I gulped hard before putting a smile on.

“I know you ae getting married without your consent, but for once Felicia do as you’re told without arguing!” he yelled.

“dad I don’t mean to disrespect you, but that man is not meant for me, I want to pay your debt and all but-” he cut me short with a raise of the hand.

“stop being damned selfish! You can see us suffering but you’re worried about yourself. This conversation is over Felicia. Over. I don’t want to hear any more of this nonsense. Would you please just do as you’re told for your sick father? Without argument. Please.” He concluded and he put the newspaper on the table and walked off.

Right now I wanted to cry. Was this really it? did my parents just seriously want me to get married and I can be a burden off their shoulder? Sniffling I let out a sigh. I looked towards my mother all she did was smile and look away disappointed. Did I do something? All I had done was ask for a consideration. But I guess my opinions get me into trouble.

I let out a sigh and walked to my bedroom. I flopped on my bed and stared at my plain white ceiling. I felt a wet something on my face as I touched it I noticed they were my tears.

“why am I crying?” I questioned myself but that’s exactly what I’m trying to hide. I knew why I’m crying. I’m crying because life’s unfair, I’m crying because my life was ruined. I heard the door shut 15 minutes later, indicating mom and dad both left for work.

I let out a sigh and walked to the bathroom, cleaning myself up. I walked down the stairs bad plopped myself on the couch as I switched on the television. I sat silently as my thoughts ran to him, alexander stills. I could grip my head around his pathetic attitude. Slowly my eyes began to feel droopy and I let darkness consume me.

The house telephone ringed as I fell of the couch onto the floor with a thump. That was going to bruise, I don’t know how long I was asleep but it felt excoriatingly short. I rubbed my eyes and walked to the telephone, picking it up.